Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furlough question

Hi

I have asked my employer if they will offer any financial protection to current staff if we fall ill while we work, they informed me that the basic rules apply which is SSP, then they started talking about this "Furlough", is not what I was looking for but at the same time as I'm class key worker there is no other protection unless the company goes in to shut down, I think is bloody wrong

They informed me that this is period of min 3 weeks and after that they can call me back in to work or keep me on this until 3 months, is that correct? so if they pull me back after 4 weeks then I fall ill in 5th week I'm still on SSP

Also did read online that they can terminate my employment at the end of that period if they decide they can't afford me, ?

Do I understand this rules correctly or have I missed something that if you are key worker and you fall ill there is protection for government apart from SSP?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
    Hi

I have asked my employer if they will offer any financial protection to current staff if we fall ill while we work, they informed me that the basic rules apply which is SSP, then they started talking about this "Furlough", is not what I was looking for but at the same time as I'm class key worker there is no other protection unless the company goes in to shut down, I think is bloody wrong

They informed me that this is period of min 3 weeks and after that they can call me back in to work or keep me on this until 3 months, is that correct? so if they pull me back after 4 weeks then I fall ill in 5th week I'm still on SSP

Also did read online that they can terminate my employment at the end of that period if they decide they can't afford me, ?

Do I understand this rules correctly or have I missed something that if you are key worker and you fall ill there is protection for government apart from SSP?

Thanks in advance
    They can call you back to work at anytime during the furlough period,but,you are either furloughed,or non furloughed. they cannot call you in for an odd shift here and there during a furlough period
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

also,youre not allowed to take any other paid work whilst youre furloughed
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I might is well just keep working and get the 100% pay until they shut or I drop dead then. Can't see the point taking this at all unless I get forced to take.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          They can call you back to work at anytime during the furlough period,but,you are either furloughed,or non furloughed. they cannot call you in for an odd shift here and there during a furlough period
          You have to be furloughed for a minimum of 3 weeks and if they call you back after 3 weeks they cannot furlough you again. Also sickness overides furlough so f you are sick they cannot furlough you and you have to claim SSP (or CSP if you have that in your contract). If you were furloughed you would be stupid if you were then sick and informed your employer though
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I might is well just keep working and get the 100% pay until they shut or I drop dead then. Can't see the point taking this at all unless I get forced to take.
            I got furloughed on Friday gone,was looking forward to sitting on my fat arse for upto 3 months,on 80% of wage After being stuck on the couch all day yesterday,and till now today,,,dont think itll take long for the novelty to wear off

Comment

This is very interesting!!!!!!

According to the UK Government, as of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.

Guidance and information about high consequence infectious diseases and their management in England.
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Having kids at home and bringing this bug from work does worry me a bit been honest, we can financially live but will put a dent in my bank account been honest, what pisses me off much more the GOV is willing to pay for people to stay at home if the company is straggling but won't cover the ones that have to put them self at risk due to been "key workers".

Comment

It depends on what you believe. Me personally, I believe this to be more hype and exercising of orwellian control. It's terrible what's happening in Italy but they have a very old population and are just coming out of the flu season. Their mortality rate compared to the number of people whi have tested positive is about 10%, whereas if you look at Germany that has done over 500,000 tests and indicated a high infection rate of 49000 but the mortality rate is less than 0.5%, only 342. The more testing you do, the higher number of positive results, but the mortality rate will be lower. The government or media will not tell you this, but will say that the social distancing and lockdown has prevented the deaths.........which is bollocks. The truth will come out after the alleged pandemic has passed, when the official overall death rates for the country come out and they haven't increased dramatically. This is because they are re-categorizing people that have died with covid 19, to that of dying of covid 19, even if they died of cancer, or any other terminal illness.

Just do your own research to put your mind at ease, do not believe what the state or main stream media tells you.

And after it has passed, the do-gooders will tell you how the atmsphere and the planet has become greener because of the decrease in CO2 because of the lockdown and planes not flying and cars being off the road. Then it will be that cash can carry viruses so we must do away wuth that and go all dgital. Then they have full control of you, your purchases.....no more hiding cash for a rainy day etc.

Comment

Yeah I get what you saying, I'm not panicking and have seen figures from other countries, I never been on sick apart from last year when I suffered bad injury at work and put me in hospital for 3 weeks, so have a bit different outlook on life now and looking forward to have few more years here without putting my self at unnecessary risk.

We have meeting tomorrow to see what they will do with rest of work force.

Comment

Yeah I get what you saying, I'm not panicking and have seen figures from other countries, I never been on sick apart from last year when I suffered bad injury at work and put me in hospital for 3 weeks, so have a bit different outlook on life now and looking forward to have few more years here without putting my self at unnecessary risk.

We have meeting tomorrow to see what they will do with rest of work force.
                      what do you do ? im in manufacturing,so as the shops have all closed,theres no demand for our products. So im not overly worried about my job when things eventually go back to normal

Comment

Also asked this question. As said sick is sick and ssp of £94 week. Looking like u have to keep working while most are going to be furlonged.
                        So I work for next 2 months as normal and if I have to self isolate I get ssp. If those on furlough have to self isolate they get 80% still.
                        If when they come back they catch it and I have to self isolate I get ssp.
                        Quite annoyed that the young ones without family are getting furlonged and us oldies with family and propping the company up for what I can see is nothing but normal pay, a higher chance of self isolating or worse and the same chance if keeping job as those off.
                        The ones furlonged have been told off until end of May. Just don't know what to do, getting fcking screwed in my eyes.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                          Also asked this question. As said sick is sick and ssp of £94 week. Looking like u have to keep working while most are going to be furlonged.
                          So I work for next 2 months as normal and if I have to self isolate I get ssp. If those on furlough have to self isolate they get 80% still.
                          If when they come back they catch it and I have to self isolate I get ssp.
                          Quite annoyed that the young ones without family are getting furlonged and us oldies with family and propping the company up for what I can see is nothing but normal pay, a higher chance of self isolating or worse and the same chance if keeping job as those off.
                          The ones furlonged have been told off until end of May. Just don't know what to do, getting fcking screwed in my eyes.
                          With you on that Matt

Comment

Working...
                          X