Turbo Oil leak advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Oil leak advice

I was sort something else out in my engine bay today and noticed oil on the intake side of the turbo- the pipe from the air box. Removed the intake pipe and seen a small amount of oil on the intake before turbine. I have checked the oil breather from top of engine and it’s pretty dry so don’t think it’s coming in there. I checked for play in turbine and it was not lose side to side but did move around 2mm. The other thing is the oil in the turbo was pretty dirty but in engine and dipstick very clean, never goes more than 6k before oil change and 300 miles since last one..

Never worked on turbos so any advice appreciated.

2009 CDTI 130bhp

👍👍👍

I would clean the pipe out with carb cleaner and rag make sure it's dry and put back and monitor .
    It's been there for a while seeing as it's dirty
    You normally get a mist in the inlet hose but just a mist on the IC side .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yeh cleaned it all up, so a mist is considered okay? It did have an overfill of oil once due to a garage error, just wondering if that was expelled through the breather pipe and the oil has just sat there since...

Comment

• Sweetwine
        Sweetwine commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi mickb. Would you tell me if leak is gone or it developed? Did you cure it?
        Had same story with overfill, but now I assume it is about regens...

Anyway I noticed same bit of oil in the turbine and the hose which comes from the air intake, as well as on underneath cover of the car some oil detected. And burn smell when idle sometimes...

Don't know where to start my investigation.

Thank you
    Working...
    X