X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome trims around windows

Does anyone know how to take them off?

Cheers

Yea they clip off at the end of each one with a trim removal tool carefully prise them off their on clips that do snap easily but they all come off barring the bottom ones which are an arse as the whole strip has to come out

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
      Yea they clip off at the end of each one with a trim removal tool carefully prise them off their on clips that do snap easily but they all come off barring the bottom ones which are an arse as the whole strip has to come out
      Cheers Russ,

I take it the end would be the wing mirror end (for the front) and the rear would end where the two windows meet in the middle?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean110 View Post
        Cheers Russ,

I take it the end would be the wing mirror end (for the front) and the rear would end where the two windows meet in the middle?
        Not the wing mirror end the end of the front door in the middle same for the rear door if an estate the top of the small rear window always start at the top work down pal

Comment

For the lower trim same again start at the middle slowly prise it off

Comment

Not the wing mirror end the end of the front door in the middle same for the rear door if an estate the top of the small rear window always start at the top work down pal
            For the lower trim same again start at the middle slowly prise it off
            Thanks Russ

Comment

Just a quick one Russ, do you have to take the top trims off to get to the bottom ones? Cheers mate

Comment

Get some pics pal when you're taking them off because when I get home, mine are next. I'll be taking them off to paint to.
                2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
                Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Grills, Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Perforated Leather Seats package, Full White Interior LED's, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mm X 32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" Veeman VC7 Multispoke Alloys, Stainless downpipe, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam, Removable Towbar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean110 View Post
                  Just a quick one @Russ, do you have to take the top trims off to get to the bottom ones? Cheers mate
                  No bud there seperate

Comment

Hmm... Having wrapped the fog lamp surrounds and sprayed the grille main bar black on my GS, and being bored out of my skull at the moment, I'm wondering whether to do my window trims. Anyone taken theirs off on a GS?
                    From previous experience, is probably use the Friday Liquid Wrap that I used on the grille, and maybe sheet wrap for the 'Delta' shape behind the rear doors.
                    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

No bud there seperate
                      Cheers!

Comment

Hi, sorry I am also trying to take them off safely but don’t understand where the clips are? Do you mean the part at which both doors join? And this is for both the front door and back door trim?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubz121 View Post
                          Hi, sorry I am also trying to take them off safely but don’t understand where the clips are? Do you mean the part at which both doors join? And this is for both the front door and back door trim?
                          Yes pal if you start from the top you will see the clips immediately

Comment

Yes pal if you start from the top you will see the clips immediately
                            Wondering whether to remove them completely or spray the a gloss black. Opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubz121 View Post
                              Wondering whether to remove them completely or spray the a gloss black. Opinions?
                              If you remove them completely it wont look right

To paint :

Its easier with them off but the clips could snap as they go brittle very quickly or paint them on the car a ton of masking tape and paper needed

Comment

Working...
                              X