Forum pruning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum pruning

The Coronavirus is affecting everyone in some way and I hope we all come through this in one piece. Some companies are beginning to struggle, including my own and I need to cut costs where I can until the current crisis is over. I have contacted the server hosts to ask for a reduction in rent but they refuse to move on price. The only option left is to move onto a smaller server. The forum is too large to do this so regrettably a considerable amount of pruning is necessary.

I have spoken with the Moderators and we agree the fairest way to do this is to remove threads and posts made by members who have the older pre facelift Insignia A 2008-2013.

I will be moving servers over to our new home https://insignia-drivers-2014-on.uk/ the coming weekend and I have instructed the Moderators to start pruning as soon as possible.

My sincerely apologies.

Site Admin

It's only fair in my opinion as the preface are a bit long in the tooth now.
    There's lots in the scrap yards, so catering for cars that are basically junk is not needed.
    There will be a backlash, but I'm sure someone with the preface can start their own forum.

Comment

Well the facelift barring the front rear and dash are the same as the preface so u can scrap that car to

Comment

Right so ive just bin looking at how to thin the page out as removing posts about certain models to be fair isnt an option really. I think actual titles need to be removed in the forum So in each Category theres a number of titles that suggest the same these could be removed such as SHows,Events and meets that with 1,703 posts cound be removed and in future just added to General Chat as a main title always appears at the top when a meet happens so theres 1 that could be removed.
        Regional Forums & Spotted to be removed (total 662 posts) as General Chat covers that.

Insignia Ownership, Tech & Workshop

Interior and Exterior design can be removed as Detailing and Car Care covers that anyway 7k posts
        LIght removed as should be in Electronics and ICE 8.7k posts removed
        Classifieds could go all together another one for General Chat 6k posts

Simple really just remove whats really the same but worded differently and your post traffic will drop

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
          Right so ive just bin looking at how to thin the page out as removing posts about certain models to be fair isnt an option really. I think actual titles need to be removed in the forum So in each Category theres a number of titles that suggest the same these could be removed such as SHows,Events and meets that with 1,703 posts cound be removed and in future just added to General Chat as a main title always appears at the top when a meet happens so theres 1 that could be removed.
          Regional Forums & Spotted to be removed (total 662 posts) as General Chat covers that.

Insignia Ownership, Tech & Workshop

Interior and Exterior design can be removed as Detailing and Car Care covers that anyway 7k posts
          LIght removed as should be in Electronics and ICE 8.7k posts removed
          Classifieds could go all together another one for General Chat 6k posts

Simple really just remove whats really the same but worded differently and your post traffic will drop
          Not bad thinking out that.

Comment

Hahaha

Why not include -

a. All white cars
            b. All cars with black rims
            c. Heavily modified cars

???

Hahaha
            2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
              Hahaha

Why not include -

a. All white cars
              c. Heavily modified cars

???

Hahaha
              I'd definitely include your option B

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                There's lots in the scrap yards, so catering for cars that are basically junk is not needed.
                Bit harsh that.

Comment

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
                  Hahaha

Why not include -

a. All white cars
                  c. Heavily modified cars

???

Hahaha
                  All diesels. The forum definitely be extra thin then .

Comment

What's the date?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                      What's the date?
                      Site admin say coming weekend, so very soon I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                        Bit harsh that.
                        No.....it's called reality

Comment

Brilliant, I think the pre's deserve there own space to retire in, a timeless classic.
                          Also option b is a must and ban all silver and diamond cut wheels

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                            No.....it's called reality
                            What calling someone's current pride and joy junk? There are lots of scrapped vec c in the scrap yard but I dont call yours junk which is now your sons.

Comment

If needs must
                              The end of an era
                              My time here has been short and sweet, is the Clio allowed on my14+ since it's only pre's that are barred

Comment

Working...
                              X