X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• condensation in side car

Good Morning to all.
    I have a 2016 insignia elite 1.6 cdti .
    I was wondering if any one was having the same problem has I am getting at the moment with the cold weather ?
    Every morning when I go out to go to work ,the in side of the screens are soaking with condensation . it is actually more annoying than when frost on the outside of the car. I waste a lot of time drying the screens before I can set off.
    Has anyone had this problem who can help me solve it ? Any info would be appreciated at this time , I know it is getting warmer now but would like to have a answer ready for the coming winter .
    Thanks in advance just for reading this …..

Is the wheel well in the boot dry,,they suffer from water ingress at top of rear hatch,if theres water lying in there,itll cause the condensation
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks for your quick response .
      I have just been out to the car and the took the emergency tyre repair kit out and the wheel well is bone dry . But thanks for that .

Comment

Condensation on the windscreen is due to the air within the car being slightly warmer than the outside, the warmer air hits the windshield which is cold and turns into condensation
        I do get it in my car and it can be a pain as , as you say it can take a bit of time
        But it's part and parcel.

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Have a check to see if any areas of carpet are damp/wet.
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

condensation

Hi thanx for your reply .
            I have just checked both front foot wells and back ,and they are all dry no dampness at all . I know it is only condensation ,but it is the first Vauxhall I have had and never come across this problem with any of my other cars.

Comment

If it's all dry in your boot and carpets, the next things I would check would be to lift the bonnet and check the panel at the bottom of the windscreen for leaf mould/debris check that water isn't pooling here and getting into the ventilation system. Next check the drains in the bottom of each door, just poke them clean with a cootton bud or something to make sure they're not blocked. Finally make sure this time of year you still run the aircon as that acts as a dehumidifier which will help.

Comment

Cheers Drew
                I will go and check all these possibility's out and will post a reply l8r .
                Ty in advance

Comment

Just to add to Drew's post,check the pollen filter and scuttle drain under the bonnet on the fire wall also.
                  Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by barryn View Post
                    Hi thanx for your reply .
                    I have just checked both front foot wells and back ,and they are all dry no dampness at all . I know it is only condensation ,but it is the first Vauxhall I have had and never come across this problem with any of my other cars.
                    Never had a ford then or a Renault or Pug or a fiat, toyota?? they all do it

Comment

Thanx for reply
                      my last 3 cars were puggy,s 406, and 2 x 508,s and to be honest with you I had no condensation problem what so ever …… maybe I was just lucky with them ?

Comment

My wife's nissan qashqai dose it , but all my cars and my van don't suffer so much , and my van is new .

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Well I got this car in Nov last year and it is parked in the same place my previous cars had been parked. it is a bad place for severe frost and like I said this Vauxhall is the only one that has had condensation problem ,hence me asking the question about .The problem not so bad now but it is getting warmer .Could it be anything to do with my car vents in the car .they way they are set when turning the engine off ? I have tried every thing so far that you guys have mentioned ,but nothing helping the problem . I have the pollen filter to check yet under the bonnet so will look at that now ..
                          cheers

Comment

Have you left your aircon on---lots of peeps switch theirs off but its really best to leave it on---also in the boot--if you look inside the cubby holes you should see the air vents--one on each side---they are rubber flaps and they sometimes get stuck open with crap off the road--you can see them from under the car too---Dave

Comment

Working...
                            X