[ATTACH=CONFIG]5878[/ATTACH]
    hmmm. Using the names from the Haynes manual I have:
    upper control arm
    lower control arm
    auxiliary control arm
    suspenstion trailing arm
    subframe
    anti-roll bar

None look similar to the ones in the picture as far as I can see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	247179
    Insignia 2010 Sports Tourer 160HK / AT / TAAV - Silver Lake

Comment

Originally posted by darkmetalman View Post
      hmmm. Using the names from the Haynes manual I have:
      upper control arm
      lower control arm
      auxiliary control arm
      suspenstion trailing arm
      subframe
      anti-roll bar

None look similar to the ones in the picture as far as I can see.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5879[/ATTACH]
      You won't find them underneath the car.....you remove the wheel.....they join the wishbone/ top arm and ARB.....hence the reason they're called drop links or tie bars.

If the suspension is clunking, then these are usually the cause.....these it anti roll bar bushes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	640-492288744-car-front-suspension.jpg
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	247180

Comment

These are what the droplinks look like on the Insignia--[they are on mine] and are made from plastic-------DaveClick image for larger version

Name:	drop link.jpg
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	247183

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
          These are what the droplinks look like on the Insignia--[they are on mine] and are made from plastic-------Dave[ATTACH=CONFIG]5883[/ATTACH]
          Same on my 16T.
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

But this is front right? Not rear?

Comment

2 on the fronts-both the same part numbers-the rears are totally different------Dave

Comment

When I changed my rear shocks I had a clunk. Turns out I hadn’t tightened up one of the bolts at the bottom of the shock enough

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                  When I changed my rear shocks I had a clunk. Turns out I hadn’t tightened up one of the bolts at the bottom of the shock enough
                  Bet you felt like a right idiot---done it myself but never told anyone up till now----------Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                    Bet you felt like a right idiot---done it myself but never told anyone up till now----------Dave
                    Yeah the wife was like “I thought you changed them shocks?” I just replied yes they are just settling in

Comment

Just as well that they don't have a clue ain't it - - - - Dave

Comment

Thanks.

Here is what I have observed and would like you to "prove me wrong" on...
                        After they were fitted everything seemed sine for the first day or so. Then I get a "clunk" noise on one side. I was at the time thinking that I must have failed to make the right torque (having the upper mount in mind). The nuts on the B4 is different from the original so it was a little tricky to get the right tool (deep socket also). Got it fitted, re-mounted and again it seemed fine for the first miles. But then it came back - both sides.

Ordered new bolts for the lower mount and had my Opel dealer to fit them with correct tork too be sure that those were ok. It did change "sound" of the "clunk", but its still there.

I really have no idea where the sound is coming from. What I do know is that it started at the time of fitting the B4s. So if you can prove me wrong that its not the B4s I would be a happy man - and ask the dealership to look closer at the rest of the suspension.
                        Hi.
                        I have changed the shocks now. Its been a week and had no issues with them
                        I also changed the drop links ( meyle hd ).
                        Some people would change the lot.. ie top mounts coil and so on. But I am happy with the result so far.
                        Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Mastereagle View Post
                          Hi.
                          I have changed the shocks now. Its been a week and had no issues with them
                          I also changed the drop links ( meyle hd ).
                          Some people would change the lot.. ie top mounts coil and so on. But I am happy with the result so far.
                          Hope this helps
                          Thanks for coming back. I have asked my local garage for help. Without being 2 persons and getting the car in the air its tricky to figure out what is causing the problem.

Comment

Today I have been to my local garage (Opel dealership). They spent about an hour test driving and looking. Conclusion: Shocks are no good - noise coming from inside.

One thing that they spotted at once - it is almost nothing at the start of a drive, but after 2+ miles it's quite a lot. I have not thought of this, but when I first did write about it - this was exactly my words also - that they were great at the first drive around the block - 500 meters.

I have contacted the parts dealer to issue a reclamation. Annoying... spending quite some money to get this far.

Comment

Today I have been to my local garage (Opel dealership). They spent about an hour test driving and looking. Conclusion: Shocks are no good - noise coming from inside.

One thing that they spotted at once - it is almost nothing at the start of a drive, but after 2+ miles it's quite a lot. I have not thought of this, but when I first did write about it - this was exactly my words also - that they were great at the first drive around the block - 500 meters.

I have contacted the parts dealer to issue a reclamation. Annoying... spending quite some money to get this far.
                              Are they genuine b4's, quite shocked to hear that about them no pun intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                                Are they genuine b4's, quite shocked to hear that about them no pun intended.
                                I hope they are Genuine.... they have the sticker, and had correct packing. Bought them from Autodoc.

Comment

Working...
                                X