Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defo.....that's a decent price

Comment

I need 2 fronts soon my brother in law done my rears in October in Kwik fit and I think they are the Munro reflex ones. I have one of their warranties so got another couple of claims to make so I might go for same again. I did plan originally the b12 kit (b8 shocks and eibach springs) as a mate has them on his Vectra vxr but think they would be just a bit too rough for me when I have the 20"s on. Debating just getting a couple of B4's and lowering springs but again comfort is important as a lot of my 60 miles a day are on crap roads.

Comment

As RBH says drop links are always seized on , you don't want to be starting the job only to find the pesky drop link bolt is not fudging .Meyle HD are fantastic.
        Believe me , when I did the suspension on one of my saabs I got a set off drop links from Neobrothers
        Classed as " genuine "
        Seemed ok , 6 months later had to have them replaced .
        As the old saying goes Buy cheap , pay twice .
        So replaced with Meyle HD 2 years on still going great .
        Bilsten B4 is for the price the best as far as I'm concerned
        If you go B6 yes more expensive but a bit firmer
        B8 more expensive and firmer still
        £57.00 per side get them .
        There is of course google for cheaper sets
        Car parts 4 less
        Autodoc ( cheaper through there app available on play store or if you are an apple user on there's )
        But all that looking can make your head hurt it did mine .
        All,I can say from personal experience is it only takes one seized bolt / nut to take the shine off what you are doing .
        The last lot of shocks I did .
        I got both shocks , top mounts , bearings , dust boots , bump stops , springs .and drop links .
        Made up the shock with the spring , bump stop , dust boot top mount and bearing.
        Then I knew I could just swapp the whole unit out in one no faffing , no truble..
        I learnt from past experiences.
        Anyway enough waffle from me .
        Tally Ho !

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Doesn't seem to be a problem with the metal ones on cars with flexride.
          I changed the wife's top mounts over a year ago and drop links were removed and reattached, all still good.
          Its the way your holding the spanner!
          Originally posted by RBH View Post
          The drop links need to be removed to replace the shocks.
          I've never come across any yet that can be refitted.
          They either need to be ground off or the ball pops out the socket.

For piece of mind buddy, I'd replace them when doing the shocks

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
            Its the way your holding the spanner!
            Really?

So all these years, I've been holding the spanner wrong???

I should have come on here years ago and got taught the correct way by an expert.....like you.

Comment

Really?

So all these years, I've been holding the spanner wrong???

I should have come on here years ago and got taught the correct way by an expert.....like you.
              Settle.

Comment

Did you go for the B4?
                I did go for a pair and have trouble with clunking noise after the replace.
                Insignia 2010 Sports Tourer 160HK / AT / TAAV - Silver Lake

Comment

Originally posted by darkmetalman View Post
                  Did you go for the B4?
                  I did go for a pair and have trouble with clunking noise after the replace.
                  hi and weclome

we always like when new members join our forum.
                  would you care to visit this section of the forum...………….

and introduce yourself properly to everyone.

Tell us a bit about yourself and maybe share a pic or 2 of your car.

Thanks...………...much appreciated.

Comment

Am waiting for delivery.
                    Will post outcome after a week or so of usage.

Comment

Thanks.

Here is what I have observed and would like you to "prove me wrong" on...
                      After they were fitted everything seemed sine for the first day or so. Then I get a "clunk" noise on one side. I was at the time thinking that I must have failed to make the right torque (having the upper mount in mind). The nuts on the B4 is different from the original so it was a little tricky to get the right tool (deep socket also). Got it fitted, re-mounted and again it seemed fine for the first miles. But then it came back - both sides.

Ordered new bolts for the lower mount and had my Opel dealer to fit them with correct tork too be sure that those were ok. It did change "sound" of the "clunk", but its still there.

I really have no idea where the sound is coming from. What I do know is that it started at the time of fitting the B4s. So if you can prove me wrong that its not the B4s I would be a happy man - and ask the dealership to look closer at the rest of the suspension.

Comment

Not sure if it helps but I have fitted b4s on my other car (IX35) and they are performing better.
                        Have you tried exchanging the shocks?
                        Also did you change top mounts?
                        Like I said I will post here a week or so after fitting them.
                        Hope it helps

Comment

Drop links can fail if they've been removed and refitted after changing struts etc.

Have these been replaced or are you re using them?

Comment

Originally posted by Mastereagle View Post
                            Not sure if it helps but I have fitted b4s on my other car (IX35) and they are performing better.
                            Have you tried exchanging the shocks?
                            Also did you change top mounts?
                            Like I said I will post here a week or so after fitting them.
                            Hope it helps
                            Hi! I did not change the top mounts - one of the things I consider doing. (And I have not tried to exchange the shocks)

Comment

Drop links can fail if they've been removed and refitted after changing struts etc.

Have these been replaced or are you re using them?
                              Drop links has not be replaced. Not 100% sure what part that is on the rear suspension?

Comment

Originally posted by darkmetalman View Post
                                Drop links has not be replaced. Not 100% sure what part that is on the rear suspension?
                                Also known as tie bars
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	740354.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	247178

Comment

Working...
                                X