Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange noises...

Hope you’re all well and keeping safe?

I’m after some help to try and diagnose a noise I have. It’s a strange scratchy noise coming from the engine bay. Im not really sure what it could be...I’m not a very hands on when it comes to cars, I just like to drive them! I’ve only noticed it do it when I first start it up and it’s cold. See video.

Also whilst I’m on the subject of noises, when I start my car the first few miles I can hear what I think is the turbo whine a bit, I don’t think it’s loud enough to be a problem, but it’s definitely loud enough to be a nuisance, should I be worried about this?

It’s a 16 plate 2.0 cdti if you need to know.

All advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Just giving this a bump in case anyone can help. Thanks.

Comment

Might be the air con clutch or a tensioner roller or alternator.
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
        Thanks I’ll look into it.

Comment

If you can remove the aux belt and start the engine,would rule out a few things,has it had a cam belt change?
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Okay. I don’t think so, nothing in the service book to say it has, it’s on nearly 72k and will be due a cam belt change next year if I go by manufacture recommendations.

Comment

To be fair and piece of mind I would think about getting it done sooner,i did mine early,the noise may be inside the cam cover ie cambelt and associated parts,hth.

Comment

Okay, I’ll make a plan. Just a quick question, all of the things you have suggested, wouldn’t the noises be there constantly?

Comment

Depends,could go when warm or remain,depending what is causing the issue.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Let us know how you get on with the cause/cure

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                        That was my thoughts when I heard it, try switching aircon on/off and see if noise changes? My aircon pump seized solid on my Vec C, made those kind of noises beforehand...

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                          That was my thoughts when I heard it, try switching aircon on/off and see if noise changes? My aircon pump seized solid on my Vec C, made those kind of noises beforehand...
                          I can’t say if my ac was on or not, probably not, doesn’t really get used a huge deal, but I’ll give that a go. Thanks.

Comment

Either idler pully or tensioner .but as howy says if you can take off the auxiliary belt then it will eliminate the auxiliary side of the system .
                            Not unless it's captain pugwash sending morse code ,if so call the coastguard.

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                              Either idler pully or tensioner .but as howy says if you can take off the auxiliary belt then it will eliminate the auxiliary side of the system .
                              Not unless it's captain pugwash sending morse code ,if so call the coastguard.
                              [emoji23][emoji1787]

Comment

Working...
                              X