Vauxhall insignia vxline
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RAC out today...

Forum Key Rings
    Well went to the shops earlier to get some essentials. Got on to the duel carriage way car boosted fine got the the island came up ďservice car soonĒ no power.

Unplugged the dtuk pedal box and tuning box. No avail still in limp. Took the battery off for 5 mins reconnected. No avail. So called the rac.

He said my dpf is 43% full tried todo 2 forced regens which both started go to 15% and stopped. He unplugged the dpf sensor and re connected it and clear the code. Itís not come back on since and car is boosting again.

Hereís the email of what he did.

Do you think it could be a duff sensor? Could really do with the car at the moment with the wife going into hospital Tuesday

Car
    2011 2.0 ecoflex elite nav tourer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What setting do you have the tuning box on? When the car does a regen it won’t fully go back to 0% as something to do with it being saturated or something like that.

Had mine on the highest setting and it kept putting it into limp mode. Took it off and still in limp mode. The only way I could drive it was having the code reader connected as I drove and cleared the light as it came on. It finally sorted itself out when it did a regen no more limp mode. Now I have my box on the middle setting
    2011 tourer elite nav 2.0 eco flex
    Irmscher grill, hecko wind deflectors, dtuk tuning box, dtuk pedal box, Vauxhall logo puddle lights

Car
    Vauxhall insignia vxline
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itís on setting 2. +3 and pedal box setting 2 +3. Iím going to run it for abit with out the boxes on. I donít think itís todo with them as it would of happened earlier

Car
    Vauxhall insignia vxline
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plym Ian View Post
    What setting do you have the tuning box on? When the car does a regen it wonít fully go back to 0% as something to do with it being saturated or something like that.

Had mine on the highest setting and it kept putting it into limp mode. Took it off and still in limp mode. The only way I could drive it was having the code reader connected as I drove and cleared the light as it came on. It finally sorted itself out when it did a regen no more limp mode. Now I have my box on the middle setting
    Also what code reader are you using mate

Speed Demon
    Car
    Insignia 16 Turbo Elite
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samyam View Post
    Well went to the shops earlier to get some essentials. Got on to the duel carriage way car boosted fine got the the island came up “service car soon” no power.

Unplugged the dtuk pedal box and tuning box. No avail still in limp. Took the battery off for 5 mins reconnected. No avail. So called the rac.

He said my dpf is 43% full tried todo 2 forced regens which both started go to 15% and stopped. He unplugged the dpf sensor and re connected it and clear the code. It’s not come back on since and car is boosting again.

Here’s the email of what he did.

Do you think it could be a duff sensor? Could really do with the car at the moment with the wife going into hospital Tuesday
    Hope its nothing serious with you relying on it at this time
    Insignia 1.6 Turbo Elite,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel RearIindicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Dynamic led side repeaters,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam

Car
    2011 2.0 ecoflex elite nav tourer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long you had the box on?
    2011 tourer elite nav 2.0 eco flex
    Irmscher grill, hecko wind deflectors, dtuk tuning box, dtuk pedal box, Vauxhall logo puddle lights

Car
    2018 VW PASSAT R LINE 1.5 TSI EVO 150
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the car does a regen it wonít fully go back to 0% as something to do with it being saturated or something like that.
    When I had my last VW, I used an app to tell me when it was doing a regen and it only ever went down to 21%. At 5 years old I assumed this was normal as it would have filled up with ash and would creep up as the car got older. Never had any problems with it and it didn't go any lower after many regens.

Car
    Vauxhall insignia vxline
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long you had the box on?
    Since November/December I think pedal box since January I want to say. I donít think itís anything todo with them. Iím going to have a search on here whoís good for maps and dpf removal

Car
    saab 9-3 turboX.9-3 1.9 TID,vectra B GSI,nissan qashqai.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are certain parameters that determine when a regen will take place .
    Engine temperature above 65 degrees Celsius
    Differential pressure between DPF inlet and outlet rule of thumb is 2000 kpa and 1500
    Temperature of DPF itself between 600 and 800 degrees Celsius
    If he was trying to force a regen if any of those parameters were not met then it would abort .
    43% full is not the end of the world , if it had gone to say 75-80% then it's clogged / blocked and would require passive regen if it would work .
    So in principle your tuning box and pedal box are not the culprit.
    It could just be a blocked line from the DPF to the Differntial pressure sensor .
    Or a wiring fault .

J.K.M.P.C.U

10. Thanks Samyam Thanked
    Likes Samyam liked
    Car
    Vauxhall insignia vxline
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzard-t View Post
    There are certain parameters that determine when a regen will take place .
    Engine temperature above 65 degrees Celsius
    Differential pressure between DPF inlet and outlet rule of thumb is 2000 kpa and 1500
    Temperature of DPF itself between 600 and 800 degrees Celsius
    If he was trying to force a regen if any of those parameters were not met then it would abort .
    43% full is not the end of the world , if it had gone to say 75-80% then it's clogged / blocked and would require passive regen if it would work .
    So in principle your tuning box and pedal box are not the culprit.
    It could just be a blocked line from the DPF to the Differntial pressure sensor .
    Or a wiring fault .
    When he was attempting the force regens the engine was upto temp over 73 degrees and the temp of the dpf went up to 573 Celsius. He did mention that the pipes between the dpf and sensor do clog up but he didnít check. After he went I took it for a good 20 minute run driving it hard and it didnít come back on. Iím going to have alook at the pipe in question. Also may order a sensor too there about £60 i think.

As you said I think if it was the pedal and tuning box it would of been playing up since I fitted them but it been fine until today

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast