2014 insignia sri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oil seal /oil pump.

Forum Key Rings
    Im new to insignia's ive had a vectra for the last 9 years. I have a 2.0cdti 140sri. Ive seen a lot of peoples posts talking about the oil seal on the pick up failing. Im mechanical minded and worked on cars and boats for the last 20 years so i know whats involved in changing it. What im wondering is, ive also seen posts were people are saying to replace the oil pump for the older 1.9 oil pump from a vectra/astra etc.... whats the reason for this?
    I had to plug my old opcom diagnostic that i used on my vectra that connect and read the engine and some of the other system's with out fault.
    Whilst plugged in i looked at the live data and on the oil pressure switch it said low, is this something i should be worried about? The car has just had fresh oil and filter, it had only ran for about 30seconds to a minute plus im using a old version of opcom. Oil light always goes off straight away.

Car
    VX Insignia Sri 160 2.0 cdti / Renault Sport Clio 182FF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom J555 View Post
    Im new to insignia's ive had a vectra for the last 9 years. I have a 2.0cdti 140sri. Ive seen a lot of peoples posts talking about the oil seal on the pick up failing. Im mechanical minded and worked on cars and boats for the last 20 years so i know whats involved in changing it. What im wondering is, ive also seen posts were people are saying to replace the oil pump for the older 1.9 oil pump from a vectra/astra etc.... whats the reason for this?
    I had to plug my old opcom diagnostic that i used on my vectra that connect and read the engine and some of the other system's with out fault.
    Whilst plugged in i looked at the live data and on the oil pressure switch it said low, is this something i should be worried about? The car has just had fresh oil and filter, it had only ran for about 30seconds to a minute plus im using a old version of opcom. Oil light always goes off straight away.
    The seal goes brittle and prevents it from sealing properly.
    For piece of mind I'd change it, I had to do mines.

Car
    Blue 2009 Sports Tourer, 160HP diesel auto, Sports (SRi) Edition
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not every seal will fail, as with all internet fora, you will mostly read when things go bad. There are a lot of Insignia's with higher mileage where the seal was never replaced, including mines. It is however almost fatal when it fails, so people changed them before they fail.

Car
    Vauxhall insignia vxline
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As @Ernst ; said not all go. Mine never came up with the message but for the sake of 200 I just had mine done piece of mind

Drift King

Car
    2015 Insignia hatch
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samyam View Post
    As @Ernst ; said not all go. Mine never came up with the message but for the sake of 200 I just had mine done piece of mind
    Ditto,,,,as have quite a few others
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.

6. Likes Samyam liked
    Car
    Insignia SRI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep me too.
    The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.