Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres... Nankank NS-2 (255.35.20)

Gents,

What's people opinions on the Nankank NS-2's.... From searching around the internet there really is a mixed bag of reviews.

I'll be looking for a full set of 4 matching tyres, budget will be most likely around 450/500 tops.

I'm after both good grip in the wet and dry, a quiet dB level from road noise and something that's no worn out within 10.000 miles (so nothing to soft)

Pointers...

TIA
    2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
    Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Grills, Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Perforated Leather Seats package, Full White Interior LED's, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mm X 32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" Veeman VC7 Multispoke Alloys, Stainless downpipe, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam, Removable Towbar.

I've not had a full set of Nankangs, I think I had one once on my Vec C estate when I damaged a tyre on holiday and its all I could get. My favourite tyre on my Insignia tourer were Nexen, I thought they were a close match for the OEM Continentals. In the size you want they're currently £103 delivered, you would just have to take them somewhere for fitting. They have the lowest db of 68.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200408-104605.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	245358

Comment

I used to run my old vectra on the Nexens. They did the job I wanted so was pleased with them.

At the moment, I have got the insignia on a full set of acceleras, these also do what I need them for. No complaints from these tyres and they have been on the car for a while now.

Other members have used land sails in the past, but each to their own. I have not used these so cannot comment.
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
        I used to run my old vectra on the Nexens. They did the job I wanted so was pleased with them.

At the moment, I have got the insignia on a full set of acceleras, these also do what I need them for. No complaints from these tyres and they have been on the car for a while now.

Other members have used land sails in the past, but each to their own. I have not used these so cannot comment.
        I did hear horror stories about Landsail tyres, but they were perhaps the older ones and they've since changed the compound within the tire as I know a few people have mentioned them and they "seem" to be ok.
        Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Grills, Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Perforated Leather Seats package, Full White Interior LED's, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mm X 32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" Veeman VC7 Multispoke Alloys, Stainless downpipe, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam, Removable Towbar.

Comment

I Have landsails all round now,just put 2 new on front 2 weeks ago,,one thing that's really good about them is the noise levels,at 68,or 69 db,theyre one of the quietest you can buy. Plus theyre B rated for both economy,and wet grip , think I paid 165 for the pair fitted,,the ones on the rear have been on 6 months+,and still look as new
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I only ever buy A rated tyres for grip and economy so that’s a choice of about 2. Your budget I think will cover just about any I think, unless you’re on huge alloys and skinny tyres?

Anyway, main point, the dB figure they quote in just about every case is utterly meaningless. You need to state the weighting level and distance (e.g 85dB(A) @ 1.5m)... not to mention the test conditions which last time I went looking were somewhat poorly defined, so if it was me, I’d not consider that criteria too critical.

Ferret

Comment

Asda tyres ( may sound stupid but I've brought from them ) £406.80 .fully fitted .
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0437.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	245373
              We all have our own preferences, but I by Jinyu gallipro
              Had themon my cars for about 6 years now .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                Asda tyres ( may sound stupid but I've brought from them ) £406.80 .fully fitted .
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]4927[/ATTACH]
                We all have our own preferences, but I by Jinyu gallipro
                Had themon my cars for about 6 years now .
                A snippet from "tyrereviews"

Wet grip is garbage, Aquaplaning everywhere at the slightest puddle, under steering round roundabouts and corners at anything more than 30 in the wet. In the dry, they are actually pretty decent although the cars steering and front end does feel a bit vague

1 Star....

Comment

I'm running with Landsails atm and with our cold and rainy climate, those work pretty well. I had LingLong Greenmax tires on my previous Astra and those worked nicely too, but Landsails are quieter.
                  Size 245/35-20 on both.
                  But with that diesel walrus, I'm not going on any trackdays or anything like that so no experience there.

Comment

Yep...... Landsails.
                    I've ran various sizes on different cars of these tyres for over a decade now and never had any issues at all.
                    Good wearing, quiet tyres..... especially on the M180 on the experimental surfaces.
                    I live in the central belt of Scotland and we get more than our fair share or rain/ice/snow....and cope really well.
                    Impressive tyres.

If these type of results were to be found on big name rubber, they'd be a small fortune.
                    Last edited by RBH; 09-04-2020, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Check Landsail LS588 UHP tyres on our page and learn more about their properties. Read latest reviews about this model. It will definitely help you to make a choice regarding your new tyres. Lowest prices and free delivery!

Comment

I've spent a LOT of money on tyres - Nexen (lots on here like them, I found them outright dangerous), Khumo, Vredestein, Rainsport etc - mid rangers, become quite expensive - the Nexens were the cheapest tyre I've ever bought. I now only buy Goodyear Assymetric 3 F1 - I might pay more up front as they are a premium tyre, but I'm getting 60 - 70% more life from the tyres, and they outperform everything I've tried - end up being far cheaper in the long run. 30k miles from the front against 10k miles for Vredestein and Khumo - both excellent tyres, but replacing every 6 months is not on.

We all like different things, but tyres are the only connection to the road for you and your family.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                          I've spent a LOT of money on tyres - Nexen (lots on here like them, I found them outright dangerous), Khumo, Vredestein, Rainsport etc - mid rangers, become quite expensive - the Nexens were the cheapest tyre I've ever bought. I now only buy Goodyear Assymetric 3 F1 - I might pay more up front as they are a premium tyre, but I'm getting 60 - 70% more life from the tyres, and they outperform everything I've tried - end up being far cheaper in the long run. 30k miles from the front against 10k miles for Vredestein and Khumo - both excellent tyres, but replacing every 6 months is not on.

We all like different things, but tyres are the only connection to the road for you and your family.
                          I totally agree with what you're saying.

Normally I've gone with the likes of the Khumo tires and normally swap the fronts to backs after around 12 months or so, so I get full even mileage out of all 4 tires. My 18's are running the Khumo PS91 mid range tires. I find them to be a great tyre with no issues at all both in the wet & dry, but as I've acquired a set of the 20" Elite alloys I want the tires to be right..
                          When the Mrs & kids aren't in the car I tend to open it up a lot more so I know that I need good tires and not ditch finders.

Comment

Originally posted by Foz1261 View Post

Normally I've gone with the likes of the Khumo tires and normally swap the fronts to backs after around 12 months or so, so I get full even mileage out of all 4 tires. My 18's are running the Khumo PS91 mid range tires. I find them to be a great tyre with no issues at all both in the wet & dry, but as I've acquired a set of the 20" Elite alloys I want the tires to be right..
                            When the Mrs & kids aren't in the car I tend to open it up a lot more so I know that I need good tires and not ditch finders.
                            I always put the new tyres on the back, the back swapped to the front. So I'm only ever buying 2 tyres at a time and I never have tyres older than a year

Comment

Originally posted by Foz1261 View Post

I absolutly loved the Kumhos on my previous siggy on 18" alloys with no issue whatsoever they were a great tyre, and I continued this on to my next siggy on 20" rims. But whatever you do do not put Kumho's KU39's on 20" alloys. Yes they are a great tyre overall for grip,efficiency and noise, but not on 20"s. Every single one I've had had, the side wall seperate and led to failure through loss of pressure. Twice I was left at the side of the road. It never happened with any other tyre brand before I fitted them or after I stopped fitting Kumhos. Through correspondance Kumho did not want to know about any issues I raised which is a bit of a dissapointmet. The issue I have is with the specific tyre size not the brand. The sidewall is not capable for the loadings on 20" rims.

Comment

Working...
                              X