Sub Install Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub Install Issue

Im trying to get my amp to power on with no luck atall...

Ive ran a cable from battery to a disto box and then from there to the amp...

Long story short ive hooked up a temp constant power to it, left the earth as it and bridge the remote (on amp) to power to turn it on... and it does come on (with noise ).

Rca are connected by Line Output Converter.

Any help would be awesome as i have no hair left! sriray Russ

LOC has 12v straight from disto block and earth connected to cig lighter. Remote from cig lighter too (i have also tried to do it with constant power just to see if it turns on)

Comment

Just need to ask

Ok have u bought a simple wiring kit that has the fuse, cables 4 awg wiring. remote ?

Right the noise will be because you have your amp and speaker wire running together making interference hence noise. Try n seperate them as much as poss

I dont see anything mentioned with an inline fuse? if you have got one it needs to be as close to the stock battery as poss really

I have mine earthed behind the rear bench makesure to rub the paint off then earth it dont bother with ciggy lighter

I bet u have blown the ciggy lighter fuse

Also turn your rca converters up as much as poss before you pop them back in

Comment

Is this a new amp or is it the current sub amp? Which LOC have you brought. There is a remote turn on the original iso think its pin 43. Noises its a sign of interference or bad grounding. I wouldnt use the cigar ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
          Just need to ask

Ok have u bought a simple wiring kit that has the fuse, cables 4 awg wiring. remote ?

Right the noise will be because you have your amp and speaker wire running together making interference hence noise. Try n seperate them as much as poss

I dont see anything mentioned with an inline fuse? if you have got one it needs to be as close to the stock battery as poss really

I have mine earthed behind the rear bench makesure to rub the paint off then earth it dont bother with ciggy lighter

I bet u have blown the ciggy lighter fuse

Also turn your rca converters up as much as poss before you pop them back in
          I have 4 guage running to the disto block with a fuse near the battery at 10amps (150watt amp) then from the disto block to amp. Has another 10amp in that which is 10 guage.
          The wiring from the disto block to amp is the wiring harness that came with the amp/sub.

Im getting literally nothing in volts at the amp end which is why im totally stumped!

Im thinking as ive already put a fuse in the battery end would i need another fuse, thought so just to make it safe?

The LOC i have has its 4 terminal (rear left and right) hooked up, 2 earths and power. Ive tried to power it from cig lighter and straight from disto block which on the multimeter reads 12v. Earthed from there too.

Comment

Regards to the interference on the other thread, it comes and goes. Ive put the earth onto another bolt and see how it goes, just pops from time to time but no whining atall.

Ive done a fair few installs and this one is just taking the poo, only thing i can think of is the Line Converter... i have one in the van with no 12v and ground and it works fine.

Ive tried to use the one now like it but i get nothing, really weird.

Comment

Give this one a go this is the one i used in mine

My new install does away with them everything will run from the dsp

Running 2 fuses is fine always better to be safe

10 amps is a very low fuse it would be better to run a higher fuse let more current run through that might be why your not seeing any power pop a 30 amp in instead

Comment

Give this one a go this is the one i used in mine

My new install does away with them everything will run from the dsp

Running 2 fuses is fine always better to be safe

10 amps is a very low fuse it would be better to run a higher fuse let more current run through that might be why your not seeing any power pop a 30 amp in instead
                Thats the one i have in the Van, just has the speaker wire inputs am i right mate?

Ill try a 30, yet i dont think i have one. I will bridge the inline fuse without the fuse just for a few minutes and see what it does aswell.

Im adamant to get this LOC sorted in this setup and ill check the fuse for the Cig Lighter. Do you know what fuse number is it off the top of your head? If not ill look online for it.

It would be interesting to see if i had it all setup correctly and it was just the fuse. Thanks for the help

Comment

I dont know the cig lighter fuse its something ive never had to replace am sure sriray might know if not someone will

Its narrowing them down it could be a bad earth it could be a break in a cable give it a quick test with the inline fuse

Most corner shop hardware stores have them in stock or just buy off ebay

You can ground on the suspension mounts at the front if needed

Comment

I dont know the cig lighter fuse its something ive never had to replace am sure sriray might know if not someone will

Its narrowing them down it could be a bad earth it could be a break in a cable give it a quick test with the inline fuse

Most corner shop hardware stores have them in stock or just buy off ebay

You can ground on the suspension mounts at the front if needed
                    Ive just taken the power wire from the disto block and connected straight to battery with the 10amp fuse all the way to the amp.
                    Now if i put the multimeter on the amp wire and earth i get no reading but if i leave it on the same earth and put it on the constant power in the boot i get 12.4v... im so confused

Ive checked the cig lighter fuses and both are fine and working.

Ive got a inline fuse kit so im going to connect up the LOC that way but before i fo that i need to sort this power issue.

If youve got anymore thoughts on this please feel free to say something.

Thanks all appreciate it!

Comment

hmm I wonder if the split charge system is kicking in just a thought and its stopping power going to an unknown source??
                      sriray would that stop it?

Comment

Ok so i found the problem

What a bellend...

Comment

erm yep

Comment

Least you found the cause now

Comment

My next thing is now my amp isnt turning on ffs

Im getting 12v earth and power but 10v power and remote. Am i not supposed to be getting 12v?

Comment

Working...
                              X