Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattling noise when braking

Hi,

Hoping someone might be able to help me.

When going at a steady speed and lightly breaking, I hear a rattling noise coming from one of the wheels. However, the noise goes away when I put more pressure on the brakes. It does not make the rattling when there is no pressure on the brakes.

I feel like one of my brake pads are loose or an issue with the calliper. Has anyone come across this before?

Hi,maybe worth checking the pads and anti rattle shims/pad fitting kit.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
      Hi,maybe worth checking the pads and anti rattle shims/pad fitting kit.
      Thanks! Hoping it’s just something needing tightening and not parts replacing

Comment

Worth checking,a nice weekend weather wise and piece of mind,check the sliders aswell.
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
          Worth checking,a nice weekend weather wise and piece of mind,check the sliders aswell.
          Like Howy says give it all a good check and if your discs are old like these take an old screwdriver hold it across the top of the caliper carrier and just rotate the disc by hand and scrape off the crust of rust, it can catch on the pads or sometimes the back plate and cause a rattling noise.Click image for larger version

Name:	Worn-Brake-Discs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	245387

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
            Like Howy says give it all a good check and if your discs are old like these take an old screwdriver hold it across the top of the caliper carrier and just rotate the disc by hand and scrape off the crust of rust, it can catch on the pads or sometimes the back plate and cause a rattling noise.[ATTACH=CONFIG]4951[/ATTACH]
            Thanks Drew. It is an old disk with rusty edges so Yh I’ll give that a go!

Comment

Remember to wear some eye protection ( PPE )
              Safety first you don't wAnt flying rust in your eye .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
              X