Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sri sports cloth seats to Sri leather questions

Hi peeps,

I have 2 questions and I wonder if anyone who has done the swap can help or come across this before. My brother in law has an Sri with cloth seats and he managed to get hold of a set of leather seats to replace. I helped him remotely with some of it as much as possible but there is a snag and I can't physically check to try and help him for obvious reasons. He is using his pretensioners from his old seats, done the passenger seat all works fine.

Question 1: now he's done the driver's seat, he has the airbag light on with code B001A OE, which is a low resistance code for the pretensioner. It worked fine in the original, checked and no obvious damage to the pretensioner harness, connector or main connector. Both been plugged in and unplugged a few times in case it wasn't seated correctly but still the same. Could it be that the pinout might be different on the main connector with the added extras(I would think no, apart from heating etc.)? Any ideas?

Question 2: I know it's not likely, but if the wiring for the main connector was there, would it be possible to just replace his original heating and air conditioning controls with the right one for heated seats and cooling or would the module need programming to the car. I assume it's the latter but I just want to check if anyone knows for sure.

Cheers

Question 2....
    Unless the original seats had the heat pads, then no.

Comment

I could be the resistance the airbag module is looking for is too low thus throwing the code
      Airbag modules normally run on resistance levels between 2.0-3.5 ohms
      But depending on what level the airbag module is comfortable with , anything slightly out will make the module throw a wobbly.
      That's my theory behind it .

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I took out my cloth SRI seats and fitted leather SRI seats straight in.....no issues.

Comment

Make sure the wee clip is pushed right in on the pre tensioner

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
            Question 2....
            Unless the original seats had the heat pads, then no.
            Thanks bud, do you mean it will need the module and programming then since the originals didn't have heat pads?
            Last edited by tens6; 15-04-2020, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
              Make sure the wee clip is pushed right in on the pre tensioner
              You were close mate. The person who sold the seats broke one the of prongs in the CPA clip, so the shorting bar was still engaged setting the airbag light. At least pulling the code in GDS2 made finding the problem a lot simpler since it was pointing to something related to the pretensioner. All working now

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200415_120925.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	246646
              Last edited by tens6; 15-04-2020, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                Thanks bud, do you mean it will need the module and programming then since the originals didn't have heat pads?
                Mines has heat pads just don't work

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                  You were close mate. The person who sold the seats broke one the of prongs in the CPA clip, so the shorting bar was still engaged setting the airbag light. At least pulling the code in GDS2 made finding the problem a lot simpler since it was pointing to something related to the pretensioner. All working now

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5145[/ATTACH]
                  Glad you sorted it mate

Comment

Glad it's fixed bud

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                      Glad you sorted it mate
                      Originally posted by RBH View Post
                      Glad it's fixed bud
                      So am I, doing this whole thing while not actually there was starting to do my head in!

Comment

Working...
                      X