Insignia A vs insignia B will I notice the difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbo81 View Post
    The one thing i was disappointed with when I went from my vec c to the insignia was the boot. Ok it was big enough back then for what I needed, but with child 3 and the need for a pram /buggy the bout space was not adequate enough.
    I went from a Focus ST170 to an Insignia Tourer so it was a biig jump in boot space for me. One issue i did find was that the boot opening on the Insignia A wasnt that big so whilst once inside it was big it wasnt always easy to get things through the opening, this isnt so much the case with the tourer which is a bit squarer and you can use the boot space easier. In the boot i generally have the dog cage which is just over half the boot and then the little ones pram which is a fairly big iCandy Peach Jogger thing which i put on its side secured with bungee cords and there is still space between then to get bags etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
      I went from a Focus ST170 to an Insignia Tourer so it was a biig jump in boot space for me. One issue i did find was that the boot opening on the Insignia A wasnt that big so whilst once inside it was big it wasnt always easy to get things through the opening, this isnt so much the case with the tourer which is a bit squarer and you can use the boot space easier. In the boot i generally have the dog cage which is just over half the boot and then the little ones pram which is a fairly big iCandy Peach Jogger thing which i put on its side secured with bungee cords and there is still space between then to get bags etc.
      I miss my st170 haha love hate relationship with my st170, loved it most the time but had loads of issues with it. Was a great car most the time haha but yes boot was no good when child number one arrived

Comment

I miss my st170 haha love hate relationship with my st170, loved it most the time but had loads of issues with it. Was a great car most the time haha but yes boot was no good when child number one arrived
        I loved mine, had it for 7yrs with no real issues other than the one that seemed to effect a lot of them where the dash circuit board got condensation on it and stopped working until it had warmed up. For a long time i just used a phone as a speedo but eventually fixed it by taking the dash out and giving it a clean with som WD40 and it was fine from there until i got rid about 4 years later. Only other main thing was the heat shield rattling but my uncle sorted that in the end. Went to France in that once as well with bikes on the back, had a great time on the french off the beaten track roads. Boot wasnt huge but was fine as there was only the two of us. Only changed it so we had room in the boot for the dog and it was ready for changing. Was quick enough and in a good way, loads better than the 206 Gti i had before it.

Comment

I've had / still got both:
          2014 VXLine 163 hatch
          2018 VXLine 170 Htch

I really didn't think the B would be better than the A,.. but it is, by a country mile. Far more refined, much better build quality, much better use and more premium interior materials, much better spec, vast amounts of rear room if you have kids - leg room is amazing, much more comfortable and smoother to drive... only downside is not as economical a the old 163.

Spec additions as standard are:
          half leather
          heated steering wheel
          auto wipers
          collision alert
          pedestrian warning
          lane guide assist
          dual zone climate control
          traffic sign recognition
          high beam assist
          keyless ignition

all extra standard to the facelift A VXLine.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
            I've had / still got both:
            2014 VXLine 163 hatch
            2018 VXLine 170 Htch

I really didn't think the B would be better than the A,.. but it is, by a country mile. Far more refined, much better build quality, much better use and more premium interior materials, much better spec, vast amounts of rear room if you have kids - leg room is amazing, much more comfortable and smoother to drive... only downside is not as economical a the old 163.

Spec additions as standard are:
            half leather
            heated steering wheel
            auto wipers
            collision alert
            pedestrian warning
            lane guide assist
            dual zone climate control
            traffic sign recognition

all extra standard to the facelift A VXLine.
            Hey Chewy , can any of these factory fitted extras be fitted at a later stage ?
            The car I found a while ago had winter pack and I think I few other extras. Missed out there. Should have been quicker.
            Was the adaptive suspension an extra on some models also ??

Comment

Hey Chewy , can any of these factory fitted extras be fitted at a later stage ?
              The car I found a while ago had winter pack and I think I few other extras. Missed out there. Should have been quicker.
              Was the adaptive suspension an extra on some models also ??
              I'm sure anything can be done at a cost. Extras for mechanical / electrical options to be retro fitted I would think would be very very expensive. I considered retro fitting a rear wiper, but then you have the cabling and electrics, stalk on the column, washer and piping... not something I'd ever consider I'm afraid. The standard VXLine comes well kitted in my opinion - other than I think it should have power fold mirrors, but it's not a problem. I'd source a car with matrix lights, but luckily, the new VXLine comes standard with them

Comment

I'm sure anything can be done at a cost. Extras for mechanical / electrical options to be retro fitted I would think would be very very expensive. I considered retro fitting a rear wiper, but then you have the cabling and electrics, stalk on the column, washer and piping... not something I'd ever consider I'm afraid. The standard VXLine comes well kitted in my opinion - other than I think it should have power fold mirrors, but it's not a problem. I'd source a car with matrix lights, but luckily, the new VXLine comes standard with them

I may have considered a brand new insignia but as I want an estate I’m on the loom out for 19/69 plate. So I’ll have to look out for the matrix lights already being fitted .

Comment

I may have considered a brand new insignia but as I want an estate I’m on the loom out for 19/69 plate. So I’ll have to look out for the matrix lights already being fitted .
                  the 19/69 plates have been de-spec'd a bit from my 18 plate - loss of privacy glass, steel door kick plates / cills, some interior lighting and a few other bits.

Comment

the 19/69 plates have been de-spec'd a bit from my 18 plate - loss of privacy glass, steel door kick plates / cills, some interior lighting and a few other bits.
                    That’s a bit naff isn’t it haha I wasn’t aware of that

Comment

That’s a bit naff isn’t it haha I wasn’t aware of that
                      they did it with the Vectra C when it was facelifted, but oddly not the Insignia A - if anything, the facelift got more gear

Comment

Tend to agree with ferret, the led lights are a potentially expensive problem if you plan to keep your car for a few years, if the elements start to fail as I understand it that would require full replacement. I'm happy with the halogens fitted to mine. Also agree with chewy that you should beware of a late 2019 model as they were definitely down-specced prior to the facelift announcement.
                        Happy searching!
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Thats great to see you have had 3 kids in the back with comfort. All sounds very good so far.
                          What’s the difference between the lights ?? I take it you could just upgrade to led lights ??
                          I think as I’ve only really ever had cars with very little extras fitted I’d like one now with some good toys, even if I use them or not haha. I do a lot of driving in the dark so better lights would be good for sure.
                          Thanks
                          The Matrix lights are amazing by all accounts. They're very clever and even shine around the preceding car without dazzling them. They have 16 little leds constantly going on and off as needed. The insignia B facelift has 32 so they say the lights are even more amazing. All that said. The standard lights on the B are reflector light so once you put led bulbs in they're just as bright but without all the singing and dancing. If you do buy an Insignia B yeah try to get one with Matrix if you like extra toys but if you find one with great spec but without Matrix. Just know you can upgrade to leds but have a chat with one of us who have them because you need pointing to the correct type.
                          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                            The Matrix lights are amazing by all accounts. They're very clever and even shine around the preceding car without dazzling them. They have 16 little leds constantly going on and off as needed. The insignia B facelift has 32 so they say the lights are even more amazing. All that said. The standard lights on the B are reflector light so once you put led bulbs in they're just as bright but without all the singing and dancing. If you do buy an Insignia B yeah try to get one with Matrix if you like extra toys but if you find one with great spec but without Matrix. Just know you can upgrade to leds but have a chat with one of us who have them because you need pointing to the correct type.
                            Brilliant that’s thanks. I may have a sit down let and have another look online. See what’s about . Thanks

Comment

I love my B, never owned an A as I came from a passat/omega. I was looking at a newer passat, but the looks of the B make it feel like a new car. The passat looked like the older passat.
                              It is a great car to drive, though position etc is a personal thing. I have a bad back but can drive most of the length of the country and get out feeling fine as I find the seats brilliant.
                              It does feel well built and is pretty rapid, although mine is chipped, but as others have said the MPG isn't great for a modern car.
                              I have the matrix lights and thought they were a fad until I drove it at night. They are brilliant and the amount of road they light up even when other cars are around is amazing. Having the verge lit up on narrower roads is a great idea. I have read that there is a guy who now disassembles the lights and can repair them, VX state they should last 15 years or something like that but if mine failed I would be fighting for some sort of contribution from them.
                              Overall, I am glad I bought it and it does seem to turn heads, even if people think it's a volvo or a mazda sometimes.
                              Anything specific you want to know, just ask.

Al

Comment

Working...
                              X