No announcement yet.

Couple of wheel/tyre questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have look at the tyre walls.....make sure theyre on the correct way.
    Most tyres are directional now, so it'll have arrows on them or it'll say OUTSIDE.

Could be that the tread pattern is causing the noise...or a stone jammed in it.

Comment

And if you fancy a change if wheels......gimme a shout

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
        And if you fancy a change if wheels......gimme a shout
        , I'm surprised you'd touch these! absolutely filthy. Genuinely can't wait on the refurb.

Comment

Rear discs look good in those photos and I think I can see plenty brake pad material. Could be just down to tyres if you're lucky!

Comment

Check the tyres, no sign of certain direction, but looking at the tread, it is pointing in the same direction as all other tyres. I couldn't see any stone or anything in the tyre, but I might need to put the car up in the air.
            I checked the jack I currently have, turns out it can't hold the car, so ordering a new jack on payday it seems!

Anyone recommend any in particular?
            Was looking at this:

Comment

that Jack looks ok to do the job you need it too,

although i bought this one a couple of months back and cant fault it..

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
                that Jack looks ok to do the job you need it too,

although i bought this one a couple of months back and cant fault it..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                Would rather go with someone who has used it first hand and not just random reviews online. I'll go for this one instead and it's much more cost effective.

Comment

i have used to one i mentioned first hand ..thats why i bought it...to use it..

anyhow, ya pays ya money, ya makes ya choice..likw i said, the one you've picked should be fine for the job..
                  Chris

Comment

Got a video of the sound coming from the front driver passenger, despite a little struggle!
                    Anyways you can hear the sound in the background, a weird ticking sound.

Comment

The Amazon one isn't a low profile.
                      You need the low profile one because of the VX line kit

Comment

ahhh didn't know this had the vx -line kit on....
                        Chris

Comment

Alrite mate, did you manage to get a jack to check it out?
                          I noticed your from Glasgow so local to us, I'd be more than happy for you to borrow ours if you haven't managed to get a jack sorted yet.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                            Alrite mate, did you manage to get a jack to check it out?
                            I noticed your from Glasgow so local to us, I'd be more than happy for you to borrow ours if you haven't managed to get a jack sorted yet.

Alex
                            Thanks for the offer mate. I actually ordered a jack last night and comes next week. I appreciate the offer so much though! Thank you.

Brian.

Comment

Insignias has a break warning 'tuning fork' - when your pads are low the fork starts to clip the disc. The sounds stops when braking. This is more of a squeal rather than a whirring though, Clicking noise, I'd go with above and suggest this could be a stone lodged in the tyre tread, does the speed of the ticking increase with the speed of the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                                Insignias has a break warning 'tuning fork' - when your pads are low the fork starts to clip the disc. The sounds stops when braking. This is more of a squeal rather than a whirring though, Clicking noise, I'd go with above and suggest this could be a stone lodged in the tyre tread, does the speed of the ticking increase with the speed of the car?
                                It's been a while since I've drove, but If I remember correctly, it does.
                                For the rear breaks though, the squeal happens when I'm breaking at high speeds but not at low speeds. Which is weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X