Couple of wheel/tyre questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brizo View Post
    Thanks for the offer mate. I actually ordered a jack last night and comes next week. I appreciate the offer so much though! Thank you.

Brian.
    Your welcome mate, fingers crossed you solve it

Comment

So, the jack came early. Got the car up and started spinning the front wheel and it's making this sound.
      Doesn't sound right, right?

Comment

Sounds like the backing plate is bent and rubbing against the disc

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
          Sounds like the backing plate is bent and rubbing against the disc
          Could it get worse the more I drive would you think? Looking at trying to source the parts online but just worried incasew any driving i do just now might hinder it. Don't think the part is too expensive anyways.

Comment

Could it get worse the more I drive would you think? Looking at trying to source the parts online but just worried incasew any driving i do just now might hinder it. Don't think the part is too expensive anyways.
            Wheel off and check the plate.
            If it's touching the disc, bend it back out.
            They're flexible.

Comment

Wheel off and check the plate.
              If it's touching the disc, bend it back out.
              They're flexible.
              Cheers for this again! Got the wheel off after struggling to find the jack point (seems like it’s a rectangle point on the skirt?) anyways got it up, push the plate back a bit and got rid of any rust and seems to be going a dream!
              Next job is my rear brake that I think might be binding or something.

Comment

Cheers for this again! Got the wheel off after struggling to find the jack point (seems like it’s a rectangle point on the skirt?) anyways got it up, push the plate back a bit and got rid of any rust and seems to be going a dream!
                Next job is my rear brake that I think might be binding or something.
                Nice one bud

Comment

Spoke to my mechanic who had a quick look at the issue with the breaks when breaking at faster speeds. He had a look at all the pads, Rears have 3-4mm life left on them, my offside front has around 1mm, and he said the squeeling is the sensors. The harder you break, the louder it'll be because of the piece of metal touching the disc, causing the sound which is the sensor for it apparently.
                  Car booked in for new pads on the front.

Air Conditioning seems to have a leak too unfortunately. A/C doesn't cool, and it's bringing in outside temperature into the car. Had this issue when I first bought the car, and they said there was no leak and recharged it. Now it's happened again, I'm thinking lightning doesn't strike twice with this sort of stuff, especially so soon after, so he's going to take a look at that too.

Thanks everyone for the help with this, atleast I learned what this sound is!

Comment

Spoke to my mechanic who had a quick look at the issue with the breaks when breaking at faster speeds. He had a look at all the pads, Rears have 3-4mm life left on them, my offside front has around 1mm, and he said the squeeling is the sensors. The harder you break, the louder it'll be because of the piece of metal touching the disc, causing the sound which is the sensor for it apparently.
                    Car booked in for new pads on the front.

Air Conditioning seems to have a leak too unfortunately. A/C doesn't cool, and it's bringing in outside temperature into the car. Had this issue when I first bought the car, and they said there was no leak and recharged it. Now it's happened again, I'm thinking lightning doesn't strike twice with this sort of stuff, especially so soon after, so he's going to take a look at that too.

Thanks everyone for the help with this, atleast I learned what this sound is!
                    the condenser seems to be the 1st thing on AC system to fail on these ,,don't think theyre too expensive to buy either
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Car now fixed. Turns out it wasn't only the Pad that was the issue, it was the part on the opposite side of the pad that was worn to shreds. However both replaced.
                      Air conditioning there was no leak or any issues. It was at 80% according to my mechanic, he did however recharge it to 100%.
                      He said I should be using the Air Recirculation Button with the Air Conditioning for the first 10 or so minutes, which will almost freeze the car, which I could if I wanted turn it off afterwards.

£150 smackers, but hey - atleast I have working breaks and a functional Air Conditioning system!

Comment

Car now fixed. Turns out it wasn't only the Pad that was the issue, it was the part on the opposite side of the pad that was worn to shreds. However both replaced.
                        Air conditioning there was no leak or any issues. It was at 80% according to my mechanic, he did however recharge it to 100%.
                        He said I should be using the Air Recirculation Button with the Air Conditioning for the first 10 or so minutes, which will almost freeze the car, which I could if I wanted turn it off afterwards.

£150 smackers, but hey - atleast I have working breaks and a functional Air Conditioning system!
                        When he regassed it, did he clean it out first??

Comment

When he regassed it, did he clean it out first??
                          Good question. I don’t think so. It was definitely cleaned last year though.

Comment

Good question. I don’t think so. It was definitely cleaned last year though.
                            Personally, I would have cleaned it.
                            Bacteria breeds extremely quick, especially if it's not been used for a length of time.

You can diy clean it using aerosols, but you would need to get it recharged again
                            Last edited by RBH; 25-06-2020, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Personally, I would have cleaned it.
                              Bacteria breeds extremely quick, especially if it's not been used for a length of time.

You can diy clean it using aerosols, but you would need to get it recharged again
                              Where is it located? Getting another recharge should be ok as I can get that for around £30 with a groupoj code.

Comment

Working...
                              X