New dealer service prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New dealer service prices

Spotted on tinternet earlier. Vauxhall dropping service and parts prices.

Vauxhall has announced new lower pricing for parts and service across its national dealer network, enabling it to better compete with the aftermarket.

About time too! I will still do my own but good for those with warranties I guess.

Comment

When my car went in for this pedal issue last December they said the rear brakes were ready and quoted me £500 for them!!

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
        When my car went in for this pedal issue last December they said the rear brakes were ready and quoted me £500 for them!!
        £74.12 Fitted incl parts/labour at my local garage! Could have fit them myself but not worth getting my hands dirty at that price.

Dealers are such a rip off I take it you told them to leave it!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
          £74.12 Fitted incl parts/labour at my local garage! Could have fit them myself but not worth getting my hands dirty at that price.

Dealers are such a rip off I take it you told them to leave it!
          My uncle is a mechanic who usually looks after our cars, he said that if it was around a certain price then its probably worth getting them to do it whilst they had the car but when i told him thats what they had quoted he said it was ridiculous. He'd had my car not long before it went in and had mentioned they were ready as well so knew what needed doing and he said they were trying it on probably because it was in for the warranty repair that they wouldnt make anything off so were trying to make it up. He formerly worked as a Vauxhall dealership mechanic and knows that they are pushed to find chargeable work as they get a % of it apparently.

That was back on the 12th December and seeing as my car has done about 2 miles since then as its not left their dealership as yet other than to go down the road to their compound i'm sure they'd find a way for the price to have gone up!

Comment

It's like all these I bet the small print states that they only start to apply when the vehicle is 3 years plus. As they are not generally allowed during the warranty period. Time will tell, will no doubt have emails in my inbox when I get back to work to confirm or deny🤔.

Comment

Just seen this £279 for cambelt to be done and that includes belt no brainier really. Was going to do it myself but for £100 plus for belt kit would be rude not to get them to do plus it’s round corner from my work so even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Danfpu View Post
                Just seen this £279 for cambelt to be done and that includes belt no brainier really. Was going to do it myself but for £100 plus for belt kit would be rude not to get them to do plus it’s round corner from my work so even better.
                That could tempt me as well mine will be due soon. Wonder how much they will charge for the water pump as well, need to call and book up. Mind you I don't even know if they will be open.

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
                  That could tempt me as well mine will be due soon. Wonder how much they will charge for the water pump as well, need to call and book up. Mind you I don't even know if they will be open.
                  One nearest me in Preston is open or so website says I’m hoping it’s water pump as well. You also get a 2 year warranty with it so for the price not that bad at all. I’ll ring up today and see if they do water pump and I’ll update everyone.

Comment

Mines in now for cambelt and water pump at Barry & Wilkinson in Poulton le Fylde, £313 all in, and I supplied him with a new boot switch and he will stick that in for me total cost £350 inc VAT.

Think Arnold Clark Vauxhall dealers are shut in Blackpool, and all other garages didn't even bother returning my call for a quote.

Even lower than we thought, only charged £338 all in.
                    Last edited by Seasider1956; 22-04-2020, 01:28 PM. Reason: Addition.

Comment

Working...
                    X