Serious issue after service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious issue after service

I've had my car services recently and just discovered my first serious issue: I'm out of service pages in the services booklet! Last service column is used. And the dealer didn't even notice it!

Any suggestions how to resolve this? I was thinking trading it for a newer one, do facelift versions have more service pages available, otherwise I might run in the same issue again in a few years...

Guess Opel didn't expect it would make so much miles

I wouldn't say this is serious, it will be an old car if you have reached the end of the service booklet so any loss in value for incomplete history would not even be noticed, second to that, you state the dealer didn't notice - assuming they serviced it, you will have a receipt from them which is more than good enough to continue the history, simply staple the receipt to the service booklet pages.

Comment

Yeah, you can't go on, it's like Costa or Starbucks or McDs, once your loyalty card is full you get a free one......see what they say!

Anyway well done, pour yourself a drink, I'll raise a glass to your car later.....any excuse!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
        Yeah, you can't go on, it's like Costa or Starbucks or McDs, once your loyalty card is full you get a free one......see what they say!

Anyway well done, pour yourself a drink, I'll raise a glass to your car later.....any excuse!
        Sounds like a plan, will see what the dealer thinks of it, trading the full booklet for a new car

Cheers! It's Friday, end of working day, I think I will open a bottle to celebrate!

Comment

My wifes Corsa is an 03, it's book is the old one with the spanner on the front, it is only serviced annually as she only does 4k miles a year and it's regular pages ran out after 12 years so now we are just using the ecoflex pages that appear later in the book but theres only 6 spaces there so just two left now for its service in July this year and next. After that I have noticed that there are pages right near the back for additional oil changes, so they will be next, there's 16 of those spaces! At that rate the car could be (scratching head).....34 year old before the service book is full...... I suspect the car will give up before the book!

Comment

I brought a generic service book for a few quid to continue to collect the stamps in.

Comment

Working...
            X