Black smoke a20dth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black smoke a20dth

Hello to all, i have a problem since I purchase the insignia 3 years ago, sport tourer 2.0 cdti 160hp year 2009 Km 211.000 engine code a20dth with z19dth block , the problem is black smoke and high consumption usually more notice in good weather condition in upper temperatures
    Replaced injectors
    Repaired an turbo charger
    Replaced intercooler hose pipe
    Same problem, does anyone have this kind of problem with insignia

Thank you

Sorry about language im from ballkan region

Have you ever had it plugged into a code reader to read any fault codes.

Black smoke can be associated with unburnt fuel.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi Witty thank you , yes i plugged opcom
      No faulty code

Comment

I don’t think op com works that well on these cars for any technical codes required. They may bring up basic codes, I would try having it read again with a different system.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Also I tried with Creader V+ and I was to a opel mechanic they didn't find any faulty codes no errors, the Car drives perfectly DPF is ok cleaned !!? I'm driving it for 2 years now in that condition because they can't find the faultiness.

Comment

Are you sure you have a DPF on the car ?
            As witty says black smoke means unburnt fuel .
            Fuel delivery problems ( diesel injector timing out . )
            EGR clogged
            Dirty air filter MAF sensor dirty
            Dirty MAP sensor
            Excessive build up of carbon deposits either in intake system or around exhaust valves .
            But you say it only happens when temperature is higher . So there's not enough Air delivery or air is not as dense
            You have not got a performance filter set up ? I.e. Cone filter under the bonnet ? .
            Also another thing I think there is a difference in blocks between the A20DTH and the Z19DTH .do you know why they changed the block ?
            But yet again witty is 100% right you require either codes or a live data readout when this happens , for injection timing / delivery
            The required pressure from ECU should match the delivered pressure from the pump and not deviate
            Also you can measure inlet air temperature and pressure.
            With opcom .

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thnx lizzard-t, for DPF im not sure but mechanic told me that DPF is ok and works like should, the block was changed because engine died (oil pump) and they put z19dth block.The car has no performance filter, no remap its in original setup.

Thnx

Comment

I could be miles off here but if the cylinders are smaller due to it now being technically a 1.9 with 2.0 fueling.
                Probably get shot for this comment

Comment

Your probably somewhere right in that assumption young Alex .
                  I could not shoot you , you run faster than I could work out how to load a gun let a lone point it in the right direction.

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                    Your probably somewhere right in that assumption young Alex .
                    I could not shoot you , you run faster than I could work out how to load a gun let a lone point it in the right direction.
                    Was just a thought as it seems to be over fueling, an the op has tried loads to rectify it.

Comment

Well yes , seems to be when wether is hotter .
                      But if original ECU , then the map is set up for the A20DTH set up ( i.e. Injector timing , compression ratio etc )
                      So could lead to over fuelling in certain conditions .
                      Wonder if he had a failed bottom end ( ooooooooeeeerrrrrrr)
                      And that's why it was swapped .
                      Ummm this is a bit like murder she wrote .

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I'd be tempted to take it to a rolling road tuner who would probably be able to see what it was doing. It may just need setting up?

Comment

That's another possibility Drew .
                          If no luck then could overright the map with one for the Z19DTH
                          Or a bit of a performance upgrade
                          The bottom end is now bullet proof .

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hmm, the car is in very good condition, engine runs smooth maybe to try with z19dth map or remap with z19dth 190ps - 200ps 😉😁

Comment

I would go through what witty and I suggested first .
                              Before doing any performance upgrades
                              Due to the fact , that there is a fault with unburnt fuel or over fueling if you put a map on top of a problem or fault then the fault could get worse and cause un told issues , I've seen it before, the worst one I came across was a ttid owner got it remapped to 220 BHP with EGR , swirl flap , DPF delete , due to DPF problems, next thing we knew was when he was asking us for the price of a new engine, the engine decided to eat its own internals.due to too much oil in the sump .
                              So go back to the first couple of posts and try to answer what you can
                              Get it running correctly when hot wether ,once satisfied then start re mapping it .
                              You can get on current set up about 180 BHP .
                              Then you start going to stage 3 but that's expensive.

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                              X