170ps Euro 6 Fuel Returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 170ps Euro 6 Fuel Returns

Have a July 17 facelift 170ps. It seems to be returning an indicated 50mpg around town which in real world is 45mpg using maths. Anyone else getting such bad figures? Had a 165ps Astra before & that would never drop below 60mpg.

Also how strong is the standard clutch pack? Looking to remap it but know the clutch is the weakest link as the dealer replaced the clutch before I bought the car under recall. I know the F40 box itself can handle more torque but down want to be roasting a clutch & flywheel as they are about a grand fitted.

Hello AJR
    We are so laid back that we are a horizontal forum.
    Poop along to new members section and give everyone a big yooooooohoooooooo!
    Tell us about you and your car
    And if you feel brave , what you like !
    Me ?
    I like nothing better than donning a yellow jump suite , blonde wig , a pair of headphones with a mic and a pair of pumps
    And entering my local quickie mart and rooting through the fruit and veg looking for clues whilst, shouting at the top of my voice
    It's here somewhere grappling with a large cucumber and 2 water melons and making a sexual gesture with them as I get thrown out .
    You have got to remember that the weight of the insignia is heavier than the Astra .
    Have you tried re-setting the trip computer and filling the tank up and see what you get over a tank full .
    What sort of power increase are you going for ?
    How old is the clutch?
    Is the car under a used car warranty?
    If so then the warranty may well become null and void !
    But it's a chance you take .
    Tally Ho

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yes I reset the trip A every time I fill the tank up & trip B I use between oil changes. Trip B is a few MPG better due to long runs when it will go 50mpg using maths (55mph indicated). Its serviced every 12 months at Vauxhall & I drop the oil every 6 months with genuine parts. I know the Astra is around 250-300kg lighter but a 15mpg difference is huge for what is basically a reworked A20 series engine. Even runs on good Michelin rubber with an A grade for fuel returns running on the Eco pressures. Only runs on Shell or Costco diesel as Supermarket makes it drink worse so it seems.

I have a TDI box that I had on another Astra 2.0 165ps I owned. It can be flashed over for the Insignia. Its will increase the power to 224ps but torque goes to a max of 488nm which is a huge increase. Even on its lowest setting its 210ps & 446nm. The torque figure is what I am worried over even on the lowest setting. The car is nearly out of Vauxhall 3 year warranty at the end of June & the clutch has been fitted 14k ago (15 months ago). I know the box will help returns but don't want to use what's saved in clutches.

Comment

I may be wrong or just cynical, but WLTP figures came in for Sep 17 and cars manufactured from Jul 17 probably had these in mind. Trip computers will tell you anything, just ask a VAG owner! Personally I would be happy with an indicated 50mpg. Mine rarely climbs over 36mpg. My previous Insignia A never dropped below 46 no matter how I drove it but that was long before WLTP measurements. It's all a bit irrelevant when fuel prices fluctuate so much anyway. If you want to know what its really using you will have to brim the tank every time you fill it make a note of the litres it takes each time against the miles driven and after a few cycles average it. If it was me I would just ignore it. But that's me!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
          I may be wrong or just cynical, but WLTP figures came in for Sep 17 and cars manufactured from Jul 17 probably had these in mind. Trip computers will tell you anything, just ask a VAG owner! Personally I would be happy with an indicated 50mpg. Mine rarely climbs over 36mpg. My previous Insignia A never dropped below 46 no matter how I drove it but that was long before WLTP measurements. It's all a bit irrelevant when fuel prices fluctuate so much anyway. If you want to know what its really using you will have to brim the tank every time you fill it make a note of the litres it takes each time against the miles driven and after a few cycles average it. If it was me I would just ignore it. But that's me!
          Its the business owner & trucker coming out of me I think. I just like to account for my 80p ltr bulk price. Yes I know some cars will suffer with the WLTP cycle more now due to the extra filters needed to get good results. I use half tank to half tank to record the mpg. Works out within 1mpg using the full tank. Just force of habit when doing it with a 1200lt truck tank.

Comment

I understand. I bet it's better mpg than your truck though, even with the discount. Here I am fuel prices the lowest for years and the car isn't even doing a litre per month, probably more evaporating than being used...

Comment

Yes, truck does 10mpg on a good day 2mpg when really working hard. Mine is the same as I am not going home at the moment as its safer with the family. If pull up outside & their is a crate of food with a bag of clean clothes off the wife. Might see the kids through the window but that's aboutit

Comment

Our cdti is around 35mpg mostly town driving.
                Which I count as respectable for size of the car

Comment

My CDTI rarely goes above 30mpg on BP ultimate at 148.9 a litre so I would be happy running 45/50's

Comment

Working...
                  X