Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Facelift A Type insignia Tourer Tailgate boot not opening :(

Hi all,

I'm new to this site,hope someone out there can help with my 2014 facelift A Type Insignia tourer tailgate problem.

As you might have guessed it wont open.

I checked all the associated fuses in the back boot compartment they are all OK.
    2:I replaced the boot lock mechanism,really hoping that was the problem but sadly it was not.

I noticed when i try opening the boot with the remote control or the driver door button or the tailgate switch i hear a clicking sound kinda like a Relay sound"

I'm afraid to go any further as i might end up doing more damage.Any suggestions please what else it might be?
    Much appreciate any help out there.
    thanks in advance,
    fran

Originally posted by fran View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new to this site,hope someone out there can help with my 2014 facelift A Type Insignia tourer tailgate problem.

As you might have guessed it wont open.

I checked all the associated fuses in the back boot compartment they are all OK.
    2:I replaced the boot lock mechanism,really hoping that was the problem but sadly it was not.

I noticed when i try opening the boot with the remote control or the driver door button or the tailgate switch i hear a clicking sound kinda like a Relay sound"

I'm afraid to go any further as i might end up doing more damage.Any suggestions please what else it might be?
    Much appreciate any help out there.
    thanks in advance,
    fran
    Do you have a multimeter?

Check your getting the signal at the mechanism.
    If you hear the sound of a relay clicking via pressing all those buttons you listed above my guess would be it the signal going to the mechanism.
    This could be caused by a few different reasons, start by testing the wires are giving the mechanism a signal using a multimeter. Voltage should be detected when pressing either of the buttons, if you get voltage check contacts on loom and mechanism meet.
    If no voltage then it becomes a searching game, trace the loom back to next junction and repeat testing till you source it.

Keep us updated if you fix as it could help others who may have the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
      Do you have a multimeter?

Check your getting the signal at the mechanism.
      If you hear the sound of a relay clicking via pressing all those buttons you listed above my guess would be it the signal going to the mechanism.
      This could be caused by a few different reasons, start by testing the wires are giving the mechanism a signal using a multimeter. Voltage should be detected when pressing either of the buttons, if you get voltage check contacts on loom and mechanism meet.
      If no voltage then it becomes a searching game, trace the loom back to next junction and repeat testing till you source it.

Keep us updated if you fix as it could help others who may have the same problem
      Hi Alex,thanks for reply,
      Yes i will be able to get my hands on a Multimeter, as soon as i do i will check the various voltage points. when you refer to the Mechanism what are you referring too?

thnx
      fran

Comment

tailgate insignia tourer now opening

Hi Guys finally getting back to you with answer to my problem.
        I caved in and went to the Opel dealer to get it repaired as i had no time to work on it during the weekends.
        Quite a costly fix but needed to get it done quickly.
        They hooked up a diagnostic tool to find the problem.

Well the problem turns out to be the ECU Module behind the cover in the boot of the car.(water managed to get into the electronic circuitry of the module).
        Overtime the water corroded the connections inside the unit.
        So the rain water is getting in from somewhere.,so annoying.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	water damaged.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	247083

Click image for larger version

Name:	ECU Module.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	247082

They tell me it needed to be reprogrammed,I have my doubts, i think its just plug and play unit.Well they are the experts so didnt argue with them.
        So there it is Alex /RHB, that was the problem with My Insignia. Thanks again for your help and suggestions.
        Fran

Comment

Hi Guys finally getting back to you with answer to my problem.
          I caved in and went to the Opel dealer to get it repaired as i had no time to work on it during the weekends.
          Quite a costly fix but needed to get it done quickly.
          They hooked up a diagnostic tool to find the problem.

Well the problem turns out to be the ECU Module behind the cover in the boot of the car.(water managed to get into the electronic circuitry of the module).
          Overtime the water corroded the connections inside the unit.
          So the rain water is getting in from somewhere.,so annoying.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]5721[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5720[/ATTACH]

They tell me it needed to be reprogrammed,I have my doubts, i think its just plug and play unit.Well they are the experts so didnt argue with them.
          So there it is Alex /RHB, that was the problem with My Insignia. Thanks again for your help and suggestions.
          Fran
          Seems a common problem. I do believe they need to be programmed.

Comment

tailgate not opening due to water damage of ECU Module

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
            Seems a common problem. I do believe they need to be programmed.
            Hi Lewish,

As its a common problem, would you happen to know where the water might be getting in from?so as to prevent future damage to this module.
            Kind regards,
            fran

Comment

Hi Lewish,

As its a common problem, would you happen to know where the water might be getting in from?so as to prevent future damage to this module.
              Kind regards,
              fran
              Various places, quick search in forum you will find plenty of examples plus the fixes [emoji106]

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                Various places, quick search in forum you will find plenty of examples plus the fixes [emoji106]
                Cheers Matt will check further, assume I just lookup water leakage in tailgate.

Comment

Working...
                X