2016 1.4T Fuel Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
    They definitely thought this through....first they decide they will dunk the filter in the tank and just to make sure, they scrapped the idea of giving easy access without removing the tank
    Sounds like it, I'll have a gander at mines next time I need to go out as I've had my seats up.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
      Well to be fair that was with the haldex unit being dropped
      That's proll why they tightened the thumb screws .bevause they knew it was a dooflop of a job
      Anybody want to buy a tanker load of KY jelly ?
      True, no doubt will still be a couple of hundred to do even without Haldex. Do you perhaps know if the filter was separate to the pump or were you still reeling from being turned down by your offer?

Comment

It was part of the sender unit
        And I was completely mifffed that they turned down my offer .
        I would of done it for £350.00 and every other Saturday and no toungues
        I was very flexible, but fell on deaf ears
        What can a man do ?
        And the ky only has a certain shelf life !

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Do you reckon it could be back flushed?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
            Do you reckon it could be back flushed?
            I hope you didn't just ask lizzard-t that! I'm awaiting the answer

Comment

I hope you didn't just ask lizzard-t that! I'm awaiting the answer
              Was for everyone as an idea mostly ,
              I'm of that now

Comment

Ok, so I've dropped the local Vxl dealship an email with the part number and the cars details. I've asked them for a price for a brand new one and when would it be in stock (unlikely they'll stock them if they're basically an unserviceable item)

Any updates will you know... Until then Wait out
                2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
                Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Grills, Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Perforated Leather Seats package, Full White Interior LED's, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mm X 32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" Veeman VC7 Multispoke Alloys, Stainless downpipe, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam, Removable Towbar.

Comment

Originally posted by Foz1261 View Post
                  Ok, so I've dropped the local Vxl dealship an email with the part number and the cars details. I've asked them for a price for a brand new one and when would it be in stock (unlikely they'll stock them if they're basically an unserviceable item)

Any updates will you know... Until then Wait out
                  What part number did you use?

Comment

What part number did you use?
                    13230479 GM Part number
                    Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Grills, Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Perforated Leather Seats package, Full White Interior LED's, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mm X 32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" Veeman VC7 Multispoke Alloys, Stainless downpipe, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam, Removable Towbar.

Comment

13230479 GM Part number
                      You still getting the Evap canister?

Comment

You still getting the Evap canister?
                        Yes pal... the whole thing... Price depending obviously

Comment

Yes pal... the whole thing... Price depending obviously
                          Why you changing it?

Comment

Someone kindly opened the pump assembly up for us

If the filter can't be sourced separately, we'll need around £200 to replace the unit or somehow fabricate our own it seems. This is why it would've been handy to be able to access the unit without removing the tank thead

Comment

If it comes apart would it not be easier to remove the filter from the pump assembly, then fit one inline somewhere easier to service, likely be cheeper too?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                                If it comes apart would it not be easier to remove the filter from the pump assembly, then fit one inline somewhere easier to service, likely be cheeper too?
                                I like your thinking, that would indeed be another option. Obviously someone would still have to remove it to figure out how and if it could be done

Comment

Working...
                                X