Yellow sticker/reduced food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow sticker/reduced food

I went to Morrison’s earlier as I do later on in the day at least twice a week.

I got 3 6 pack of buns for 5p each. A tiger loaf for 6p pack of 5 butcher sirloin steaks for £3.50 500g mince beef for for £1 and some peri peri chicken thighs for £2 and some strawberry doughnuts for 25p.

Now my mrs said they must give me some right funny looks but I don’t care. If I don’t eat it the next day most of it goes in the freezer and we have it over the month.

Does anyone else do this or is it just me been a cheapskate! It makes you think that people who say they can’t afford to eat don’t actually look at the reduced section there’s nothing wrong with the food.

Mostly folks from Yorkshire and Scotland I'd imagine

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
      Mostly folks from Yorkshire and Scotland I'd imagine
      You’ll start them off
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

There's one Scots man that will surely , have his thoughts on this

Comment

I often go for reduced stuff that takes my fancy and I'm not Scottish or from Yorkshire.

Comment

Originally posted by john_k_sri View Post
            I often go for reduced stuff that takes my fancy and I'm not Scottish or from Yorkshire.
            So you fall into the other catorgry , tight cutn, or greedy b4stard

Comment

So it’s not just me then

Comment

Round my way it's the polish fruit pickers , they go into the local Morrisons after being dropped off and they get in there and start following the staff members around the meat section watching for when they start reducing the meat and then they pounce like a flock of seagulls on a rubbish bag .
                And there friend is round the bakery isle doing the same .
                Because they don't get paid a lot that's the only way they can get a decent meal .
                But they still pay full price for there 12 cans of Kebonacia ( polish beer that fueled Polands failed attempt at the first fruit picker in space ) to wash there cheap meal down with .
                Nothing wrong with yellow label stuff , it's reduced to reduce the amount of food thrown away , and is still good to eat / freeze .

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
                  There's one Scots man that will surely , have his thoughts on this
                  it don't take Sherlock fecking Holmes to realise that your referring to me..........

I'm actually hurt, shocked and offended that you could think this of me..........you should know it's only working class people who think they're posh, that shop in Morrisons.

Comment

Originally posted by john_k_sri View Post
                    Being a Scouser, I'd imagine you'd rob it......or if your a posh scouser someone would rob it for you

Comment

Canny whack a bit of reduced stuff, I'm like a moth to light when it comes to those yellow stickers
                      And proud of it...
                      Anyone who frowns upon it clearly has too much money.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                        Canny whack a bit of reduced stuff, I'm like a moth to light when it comes to those yellow stickers
                        And proud of it...
                        Anyone who frowns upon it clearly has too much money.
                        Now if you go into Asda late on a Saturday night it's like fecking Xmas time for me.

My eyes light up with all the reductions......and I get an extra 10% off them too

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                          Now if you go into Asda late on a Saturday night it's like fecking Xmas time for me.

My eyes light up with all the reductions......and I get an extra 10% off them too
                          I'm the same, Mrs says what you gonny dae wae that an I say eat it ya nutter, what you hink am gonny dae wae it?
                          She replies it's nearly outta date! I say aw well you'll no want any then pmsl.
                          Then she robs it aff me when we're home pmsl

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                            I'm the same, Mrs says what you gonny dae wae that an I say eat it ya nutter, what you hink am gonny dae wae it?
                            She replies it's nearly outta date! I say aw well you'll no want any then pmsl.
                            Then she robs it aff me when we're home pmsl
                            See, thats what gets me.
                            Date stamps are only a guideline.
                            They're implemented to make the food turn around quicker.

Yes the food will go off or go stale, but not on the day that's on the best before.

I know at my age, when I was wee my granny never had a fridge.
                            Everything was kept in her big walk in pantry....cheese butter etc.

You took the lid of the cheese dish and if it was moulded, it was cut around it and are it just the same.
                            Same with bread.....the top slice a wee bit of blueish green on it, that was binned, the rest of the loaf was fine.
                            Never done any of us any harm.

We join the common market and we then need to do what they tell us......and one thing was dated food.

How many tins will people have in their cupboards that are well.out of date, but still perfectly useable but they'll still get binned.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              See, thats what gets me.
                              Date stamps are only a guideline.
                              They're implemented to make the food turn around quicker.

Yes the food will go off or go stale, but not on the day that's on the best before.

I know at my age, when I was wee my granny never had a fridge.
                              Everything was kept in her big walk in pantry....cheese butter etc.

You took the lid of the cheese dish and if it was moulded, it was cut around it and are it just the same.
                              Same with bread.....the top slice a wee bit of blueish green on it, that was binned, the rest of the loaf was fine.
                              Never done any of us any harm.

We join the common market and we then need to do what they tell us......and one thing was dated food.

How many tins will people have in their cupboards that are well.out of date, but still perfectly useable but they'll still get binned.
                              Totally agree mate, instead of 21 day rested steak mines is 28 lmfao

Comment

Working...
                              X