Service yourself or garage service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service yourself or garage service

If anyone pays for individual services at dealers these days then you're not haggling hard enough. I haven't paid for a service since I put my 5 series into dealer in 09. Haggle for a service package or walk away.

Always go to the dealers. I'll titivate the car cosmetically all day long given the chance but I can't stand servicing. I like my skin to stay on my knuckles.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

The wifes pregnant so I generally have to service myself these days!

Comment

Dave71, on 27 January 2015 - 10:16 PM, said:
        Always did my own servicing, cam belts, head gaskets, valve seals, brakes, ect??Trouble is I'm getting a bit long in the tooth now, so think I will leave the harder items to the garage, an independent.?? Thing is if I want to remove the sump plug, it's easy to get down to it but a struggle to get back up ??

Same here.

I used to do a lot of my own servicing, especially when the cars I bought were second hand.

Nowadays, the new cars are so much more complicated. And, I can no longer be bothered sitting/lying under a car on cold concrete while getting my eyes full of grit everytime the wind blows. (I don't have a garage with room enough to work in).
        Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

Working...
        X