No announcement yet.

Limp mode, DPF and boost valve codes intermittent - 2.0 CDTi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t really have any kit to try putting pressure into it mate.

Not sure what opcom tools could do that as well as reset the sensor when I get one.

The clamps on mine are all single ear clamps. One time use but really cheap to buy. The 2nd hand hose (The longer front section that blew) I bought has a spring clamp on it which makes me think it was maybe replaced on the car it came from.

Got a cheap used sensor coming from eBay, under £13 so it’s a throw away piece if it blows under pressure but at least if it works I might be able to get a regen done.

Comment

Originally posted by smitrocks View Post
      Don’t really have any kit to try putting pressure into it mate.

Not sure what opcom tools could do that as well as reset the sensor when I get one.

The clamps on mine are all single ear clamps. One time use but really cheap to buy. The 2nd hand hose (The longer front section that blew) I bought has a spring clamp on it which makes me think it was maybe replaced on the car it came from.

Got a cheap used sensor coming from eBay, under £13 so it’s a throw away piece if it blows under pressure but at least if it works I might be able to get a regen done.
      I was thinking of a pump and DIY fitting like using an adapter for blowing up paddling pools for testing pressure, as you'll hear any hissing if it cracked or split.
      Yeah mines has spring clamps those ear clamps are a pain without the tool to put back on.
      I'm sure most of the op com can do regens, I've just bought 1 so as soon as it arrives I will test and feedback to you how it went, paid 25 knicker for it so here's hoping.

Not to sure if ours has been replaced before and ours is sitting on 150k so could have been done prior to our ownership.

Comment

Pmsl I could of swore it had spring clamps it's not it's ear clamps
        Just zoomed in on my photo there's one right next to it with spring clamp, don't think my head is truly working.
        My other car has consumed my brain

Comment

Yeah, good shout. I’ve got one of those compressors for tyres that you plug into the car. Will have a think about testing with that if there’s no clear damage when I take the sensor off.

Interested to hear how you get on with that Opcom, and if it can zero in on sensors etc to reset the DPF one or not.

Cheers for your help and advice.

Comment

Ha, Never even thought to look at the photos, can get them cheap enough on eBay, going to order some now.

£11 used hose, £13 used sensor, £4 for more clamps than I need in case I balls any up. At least if they blow again I’ve not broke the bank as well 😂

Comment

Yeah, good shout. I’ve got one of those compressors for tyres that you plug into the car. Will have a think about testing with that if there’s no clear damage when I take the sensor off.

Interested to hear how you get on with that Opcom, and if it can zero in on sensors etc to reset the DPF one or not.

Cheers for your help and advice.
              We are at the mercy of royal mail .
              Don't worry about I try to help when I can.

Comment

Ha, Never even thought to look at the photos, can get them cheap enough on eBay, going to order some now.

£11 used hose, £13 used sensor, £4 for more clamps than I need in case I balls any up. At least if they blow again I’ve not broke the bank as well ��
                I'd fire a jubilee or spring clamp easier to get off and won't need replaced.
                Don't rev it once you've replaced as you will likely blow it again, if dpf is full best approach would be to force regen

Comment

Maybe jubilee, not sure how firm a spring clamp would hold under any serious back pressure. I figured they were ear clamped for that reason.

Comment

Maybe jubilee, not sure how firm a spring clamp would hold under any serious back pressure. I figured they were ear clamped for that reason.
                    I'd rather the clamp go than the sensor I was more thinking but you could be right

Comment

HereÂ’s the latest. The clamps and sensor arrived this week. I already had the hose assembly.

I disconnected the battery while I did the sensor first (which came from the same engine model) and started up the car. The DPF full message was still on the dash permanently. Battery was only disconnected for about half an hour.

I disconnected the battery again (hoping the DPF message would clear) while I did the pipe which took much longer because of the position of the clamps. Very awkward to get off without damaging the metal section of the pipe assembly. Put the used rubber hose on and clamped it tight with some difficulty due to space and location of the clamps.

I left the car for about two hours in total with the battery disconnected after fitting the hose.

Had a few beers in the sun and went back to connect the battery, started the car and the DPF message was gone! The OBD2 code reader I have also showed no codes.

Granted, I only ran the car for a few minutes in the drive but no messages appeared.

Felt the exhaust and it is emitting normal smoke so not totally choked.

Checked oil and it seems at a normal level although I didnÂ’t notice any diesel smell from it.

IÂ’m now thinking, do I take it for a drive and risk blowing out everything IÂ’ve just fixed in the hope that the sensor was just giving a bad reading?

Or do I still try and get someone to come and do a forced regen at home because at the end of the day something blew the hose and sensor?

Feel like IÂ’ve made some progress but also a bit reluctant to drive the damn thing!

Thoughts welcome!

Comment

If you've fitted everything and tightened everything and you've got confidence in your own work, then by all means go for a blow job......I mean blow out.

You'll only find out this way.

Comment

Haha, maybe so but if it goes 20 miles down the motorway IÂ’ll regret that decision.

If the DPF was really blocked, would there be literally nothing coming out of the exhaust?

Comment

Haha, maybe so but if it goes 20 miles down the motorway IÂ’ll regret that decision.

If the DPF was really blocked, would there be literally nothing coming out of the exhaust?
                            That's great news, leave it running till the rad fans kick in the go a good drive staying in low gears to keep the revs up, some say above 3k rpm. I just make sure I don't drop below 2k rpm

Comment

I would keep off the motorway just to be safe! If the dpf was completely blocked the exhaust would blow at the flexi or the joint before the dpf. If it didn't I doubt it would run long!

Comment

Cheers guys but isn’t the motorway the only place I can maintain revs like that without stopping at lights etc?

By the way, I’m a bit ignorant about routine regens, I have no idea when it’s doing one.

If I do decide to take it out, is it worth also chucking a DPF additive in it?

Comment

Working...
                                X