Car
    2009 Insignia Elite Nav 2.0 CDTi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    I had an leaking injector Alex. Had it cleaned up at the injector seat and new seal fitted just before all this started. Car came back in limp mode and Forced regens wouldnít complete. Assuming because I had this other issue whether thatís the sensor or hose or both.

Will have a look locally in Glasgow area for mobile DPF cleaning services. Unless anyone can recommend any?

Car
    VX Insignia Sri 160 2.0 cdti / Renault Sport Clio 182FF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely needs further investigation as there is a few things that it could be. They will check sensor for you or will point you in the right direction to solve your dfp issues

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a quote today, £90 for diagnostic then £300 for a clean. Worst case scenario DPF replacement needed. Not sure any of these are cost effective on this age of car. Close to cutting my losses. Plus they probably can’t do any of that with a faulty sensor and hose.

Hypothetically, if I got a used sensor from another 2.0 CDTi would that need re-learned to my car or would it have the same parameters as mine already? Don’t really want to buy a new one and blow it as soon as the car is switched or during an attempted regen.

Advanced Driver
    Car
    Vauxhall Insignia Sri Nav Cdti Ecoflex 163--its certainly not a farting tortoise.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Car won't do a full regen no matter how many times you try if there is a faulty sensor---it will only do partial ones which is not what you want---what sensors are you having problems with as I've been messing on with mine a while ago and it took me a bit of time to fettle them---if its the ones on the exhaust downpipe then they are just plug and play---what codes are you having coming up.if yours is like mine you should have 3 sensors--1 Lambda and 2 gas temperature sensors on the exhaust downpipe,if you can then take a picture of the one--s that you are having problems with------Dave

5. Likes Alex421 liked
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m already aware it won’t do the regen with a faulty sensor. It’s not any of those, it’s the DPF pressure sensor also referred to as the Exhaust Pressure Difference Sensor. It’s near the top at the back of the engine and connects via hose from the top of the exhaust. The DPF is almost certainly blocked and the back pressure already blew out the hose and sensor.

What I’m asking is if I put a used sensor on that came from the same engine will it need re-learned since the pressure values would’ve been the same anyway?

And the reason I’m asking that is because if I get all new parts and pay to get it re-learned then get a forced regen done there’s a chance it will blow another hole in the sensor and/or hose and I’ll have spent loads doing it.

If I use genuine used parts from the same engine I’m hoping that then at least if it does burst I have potentially ruled out that the sensor is incorrectly telling me the DPF is full and if the parts go I haven’t spent a fortune doing it.

Car
    saab 9-3 turboX.9-3 1.9 TID,vectra B GSI,nissan qashqai.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go second hand it will still have to learn the values of your car , even if it's from same make model year engine power .
    Gone of the days of just plug and play .
    It's probably the pressure differential sensor for the DPF
    It has a tube that goes to the front of the DPF , ( inlet ) and 1 to the rear ( outlet )
    It measure the pressure difference between both ends of the DPF .in the form of KPA
    I think the inlet should be about 1200 KPA ( 12 bar)
    Outlet should be about 1000 KPA (10 bar )

J.K.M.P.C.U

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Lizzard, it is that sensor but the 2009 has only one inlet. Not sure when that changed.

Car
    VX Insignia Sri 160 2.0 cdti / Renault Sport Clio 182FF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll check how many mines has as I have 2009

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex421 View Post
    I'll check how many mines has as I have 2009
    Cheers Alex, this is the part I believe it to be 55566186 (one digit different from the hose which is 55566187)

Name:  23869380-609D-4948-A776-4A943CAEF83E.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  6.5 KB

Advanced Driver
    Car
    Vauxhall Insignia Sri Nav Cdti Ecoflex 163--its certainly not a farting tortoise.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smitrocks View Post
    I¬’m already aware it won¬’t do the regen with a faulty sensor. It¬’s not any of those, it¬’s the DPF pressure sensor also referred to as the Exhaust Pressure Difference Sensor. It¬’s near the top at the back of the engine and connects via hose from the top of the exhaust. The DPF is almost certainly blocked and the back pressure already blew out the hose and sensor.

What I¬’m asking is if I put a used sensor on that came from the same engine will it need re-learned since the pressure values would¬’ve been the same anyway?

And the reason I¬’m asking that is because if I get all new parts and pay to get it re-learned then get a forced regen done there¬’s a chance it will blow another hole in the sensor and/or hose and I¬’ll have spent loads doing it.

If I use genuine used parts from the same engine I¬’m hoping that then at least if it does burst I have potentially ruled out that the sensor is incorrectly telling me the DPF is full and if the parts go I haven¬’t spent a fortune doing it.
    Ahh right---just looked in the Haynes manual and there is about 2 sentences about this sensor and that's all---not much help but there was something on utube that came up and what you are doing is on the right track--I would change that sensor first as its not that expensive and then take from there--is the pipework all ok and not split---never looked at this on mine but will have a look as soon as I get a minute-----lets hope you get somewhere with this-----Dave

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast