Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK2 Pollen Filter Location

Hi all,

I'm back with another question about filters on the MK2 Insignia.... I'm desperate to change my pollen filter but can't work out where it's located.
    I've had a good look around the glove box, where is was on my MKI, but it doesn't look to be there. Additionally there's nothing obvious in the engine bay.

Does anyone know where I can find the pollen filter please?

You need to remove the glovebox,its behind there

oops saw 2018,,,not sure now then,sorry
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yes its in the same place as the previous Insignia but easier to get to. No tools required.
      Open glovebox, on the right side you will find the damper attachment held by a small flexible clip. Gently pop it off. Then look up inside the glovebox there are two tabs that stop the glovebox falling forward gently press them up until the glovebox falls forward and out the way to reveal the fan with filter above.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200508_161719.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	246939Click image for larger version

Name:	20200508_161711.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	246940

Comment

You are a life saver! Thank you!

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
            Yes its in the same place as the previous Insignia but easier to get to. No tools required.
            Open glovebox, on the right side you will find the damper attachment held by a small flexible clip. Gently pop it off. Then look up inside the glovebox there are two tabs that stop the glovebox falling forward gently press them up until the glovebox falls forward and out the way to reveal the fan with filter above.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]5517[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5518[/ATTACH]
            Just replaced my pollen filter following your guide, Drew. Thanks for that.

I'd have been going at the bolts like you had to in the previous Insignia.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Nice pictures, I have just checked mine! May I ask which way is the air flowing? From the bottom to the top? Does anybody know? On the filter there is an arrow indicating direction of airflow.

Comment

Originally posted by Albacore View Post
                Nice pictures, I have just checked mine! May I ask which way is the air flowing? From the bottom to the top? Does anybody know? On the filter there is an arrow indicating direction of airflow.
                From top to bottom I believe, all the muck should have been on the top of the filter as you slid it out. Fan is on the filtered side (below).

Comment

Working...
                X