Service park assist message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on parking assist.

Removed bumper to replace all sensors,took bout 20 minutes. Laid bumper face down on blanket and removed sensors. When I looked at sensors they were same colour as car as I expected. However when I looked at bumper there were no holes. Factory fitted sensors,when car was made,painted the sensors and placed them into bumper. They then sprayed the bumper over including the sensors. Problem they made was they did not remove shine from sensors to allow paint to stick on top. This meant that over time the paint had separated causing a tiny gap between paint and sensor triggering intermittent fault. I removed paint from hole and put old sensors back in just to try them. Surprise,surprise, they work perfect.
    If anybody as similar fault check they haven't done this to yours before spending money.
    If you look at sensors in bumper and you do not see a slight visible edge separating bumper and sensor and it looks like its sprayed over completely then the chances are its same problem.

Mine gave parking assist errors, park illumination would go off,parking assist not available,intermittent triggers. These are just a few errors that showed on mine over a few months.
    Since doing the above it as worked better than before.
    Hope this helps you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve68003 View Post
      Update on parking assist.

Removed bumper to replace all sensors,took bout 20 minutes. Laid bumper face down on blanket and removed sensors. When I looked at sensors they were same colour as car as I expected. However when I looked at bumper there were no holes. Factory fitted sensors,when car was made,painted the sensors and placed them into bumper. They then sprayed the bumper over including the sensors. Problem they made was they did not remove shine from sensors to allow paint to stick on top. This meant that over time the paint had separated causing a tiny gap between paint and sensor triggering intermittent fault. I removed paint from hole and put old sensors back in just to try them. Surprise,surprise, they work perfect.
      If anybody as similar fault check they haven't done this to yours before spending money.
      If you look at sensors in bumper and you do not see a slight visible edge separating bumper and sensor and it looks like its sprayed over completely then the chances are its same problem.

Mine gave parking assist errors, park illumination would go off,parking assist not available,intermittent triggers. These are just a few errors that showed on mine over a few months.
      Since doing the above it as worked better than before.
      Hope this helps you out.
      So the painter did the the lazy way.
      He wasn't bothered as it wasn't his car.....so a quick turnaround for him or his firm.

Cowboys eh

Comment

Had a read, since I've found one of my sensors with a stone chip in it, I am going that's what the issue is. Have spare sensors now so will get one fitted and tested and hopefully fault clears.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, I've had all 8 sensors out and thankfully disnt have this issue. Got spare sensors so will fit and test once I get a chance.

Cheers, Steve

Comment

New sensor fitted this morning and all good

Put into rear bumper as still to paint it once touch up paint arrive as these can be removed easily without the need to remove the bumper like the front sensors.

Thanks to all who posted advice

Steve

Comment

I love happy endings MR Steve Devine .
              And thank you for coming back a updating .
              It helps the forum to help others, this is what forums are all about.
              10-4 old rubber parking sensor.

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Insignia b 2018 new shape below faults in dash and diagnostic see images
                service front lane assist camera
                Service park assist
                service side detection

parking sensors don’t work at all

Comment

Originally posted by Mik View Post
                  Insignia b 2018 new shape below faults in dash and diagnostic see images
                  service front lane assist camera
                  Service park assist
                  service side detection

parking sensors don’t work at all
                  It's kinda protocol on this forum to introduce yourself in the new members forum please.

Some information about yourself and your car.

It's frowned upon just joining and coming straight onto the forum and posting an issue.....part jumping on someone else's thread.

You'll not get any help that way.

Comment

Working...
                  X