Car
    Insignia 2.0 CDTI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    The opcom does not work on many vehicles i believe if they are newer than 2014 where the thinkdiag covers vehicle upto 2020.
    Thinkdiag - Turn your smart phone into a OE level diagnostic tool for your car brand, ThinkDiag is bi-directional and supports manufacturer code reading, special functions, actuation tests and live data.
    All members of this forum get a 10% discount from my website with the code IDUKFORUM https://www.Thinkdiag.co.uk

2. Likes Brian147 liked
    Car
    2011 2.0 ecoflex elite nav tourer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have to pay a yearly subscription to have one of these?
    Instagram @vauxhall_drivers @insignia_drivers_uk @timmy_tourer @parking_like_a_twat2019

Car
    2016 2.0 CDTi ecoFLEX BlueInjection Elite Nav (170) s/s
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the apps from android store are free with a paid extra if you want more stuff. The app I used to see regens cost me £8. But I then canceled it but it worked for months as pro version. It was when phone upgraded it stopped working. The really good stuff always costs. Yet the dpf monitor is completely free.
    MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, empty bank account .

Car
    Insignia 2.0 CDTI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plym Ian View Post
    Do you have to pay a yearly subscription to have one of these?
    For thinkdiag after one year you will need to pay for another 12 months brand. But if you ask people on the forum who have this device most will recommend it over others
    Thinkdiag - Turn your smart phone into a OE level diagnostic tool for your car brand, ThinkDiag is bi-directional and supports manufacturer code reading, special functions, actuation tests and live data.
    All members of this forum get a 10% discount from my website with the code IDUKFORUM https://www.Thinkdiag.co.uk

Car
    2011 2.0 ecoflex elite nav tourer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkDiag View Post
    For thinkdiag after one year you will need to pay for another 12 months brand. But if you ask people on the forum who have this device most will recommend it over others
    Even though your paying for it over and over? Most diagnostics you pay once and update free
    Instagram @vauxhall_drivers @insignia_drivers_uk @timmy_tourer @parking_like_a_twat2019

Car
    Insignia 2.0 CDTI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plym Ian View Post
    Even though your paying for it over and over? Most diagnostics you pay once and update free
    You need to consider that this is not a £5 dongle that does not even support bi-directional this is a dealer level tool.

Most OE level tools you do actually have to keep paying to some degree but they are also 10 to 20 times the cost of Thinkdiag.
    The cheap tools that are not OE level they are normally the ones you do not have to keep paying for.

Launch Pro3 Uk version is about £1500 and you still have to pay for updates on that the same goes with the Pro Autel tools. For some people a Pro3 will be better than a thinkdiag because they will work on many brands of car but for people who only work on a couple of brands of car and do not want to pay £1500 the ThinkDiag is better as it offers the same hardware and the thinkdiag uses the launch pro3 software for the brands that are available on the thinkdiag.So for people who work on limited amount of brands of car they can get a tool that performs the same as the £1500 tool but just with limited brands. (The pro3 is around £500 a year for updates i believe)

I think it all depends on the level of tool that you want for your vehicle, Thinkdiag has an eobd software that is free forever so if you just want the ability to read codes the same as a basic cheaper tool you can do this and not pay for updates but if you want oe diagnostics it will cost you about £30 per brand per year.

There is a reason why most garages do not use free tools and use tools that charge for updates and my opinion is that they pay because the tools that charge for updates are better than the free ones and there is a good reason why Launch are one of the most popular diagnostic tool manufacturers even though their tools require that people pay for updates. Free is not always the best and the money that is paid for subscriptions pays for many many engineers to keep improving the software and updating it to make sure that it always works on the latest vehicles with the best special functions and actuation tests.

What tools are you referring to when you say most tools just make you pay once and i can try to explain the difference in the tools for you if i have experience of the tools you mention.

Car
    Vauxhall Insignia, 2010 SRI, Silver.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian147 View Post
    Having said that , I checked the insignia earlier, oil life is 37% and when I switch on engine it says Ďservice vehicle sooní but it seems to early for it to throw up that message so I thought something might come up on the scanner but no, so I presume that all must be well in that case. I thought that message came up when oil life was below 10%?
    Weird, but yesterday I was having a poke around in the engine bay just cleaning up a few bits after work, took off the glow plug leads and put them back after making sure everything was tight and secure and the Ďservice vehicle sooní message has disappeared!! voodoo magic maybe!!!!

9. Likes Howy, Alex421 liked
    Loves Alex421 love this post
    Speed Demon
    Car
    Insignia 16 Turbo Elite
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice,see how it goes.
    Insignia 1.6 Turbo Elite,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel RearIindicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Dynamic led side repeaters,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam

11. Likes Brian147 liked
    Car
    VX Insignia Sri 160 2.0 cdti / Renault Sport Clio 182FF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loose connection miby, have you changed glow plugs? If so did they need programmed?

Car
    Vauxhall Insignia, 2010 SRI, Silver.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex421 View Post
    Loose connection miby, have you changed glow plugs? If so did they need programmed?
    Hi Alex, no didnít change anything, literally just having a poke around with the torch looking for anything out of the ordinary........

14. Likes Alex421, Drew liked
    Loves Alex421 love this post

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast