H7 bulb upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H7 bulb upgrade

Yooooooohoooooooo all you wonderful people aboard the starship insignia drivers ok .
    Shocker ! Lizard-t has a very sensible question.
    Ok the cars not a insignia
    But with the fountain of knowledge overflowing here I thaught I would ask
    What are the best type of bulbs to upgrade the H7 55 w bulbs on my car ? Both head and main are the same
    I.e. Led ? Hid .? Or other alternative that people are using
    I thank you all in advance for any tips .
    Tally Ho and a big 10-4 good buddies.

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

You'll need to make sure you get the proper kit, whatever you chose if your car doesn't have projector style headlights you just put a normal hid. Kit in, then you'll be blinding people at night.

So....imo, I'd get a hid kit

Comment

Have a look on eBay for novosight h7 led bud
      Although mine are hir2 , I can't recommend them enough

Used hids for years, until I tried these LEDs , far brighter , brilliant white

They may even do them for non projectors

Comment

As a non led/hid upgrade, osram night breaker lasers are a good option

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
          As a non led/hid upgrade, osram night breaker lasers are a good option
          My son has fitted nighter less to his fiesta, well brighter and better vision

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
            My son has fitted nighter less to his fiesta, well brighter and better vision
            Sorry, meant nighteye, damn predictive text

Comment

Honestly after many years of trials , standard bulbs that promise hid or led are. Shite

Comment

agree with the gas man,,all halogen h7 bulbs are pathetic …..hid or led all the way,have you projector lights ?
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I have Nighteye in my fogs,great output,had to remove them from my cornering lamps though as they threw up errors.
                  Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                    I have Nighteye in my fogs,great output,had to remove them from my cornering lamps though as they threw up errors.
                    still not seen a error from the leds in my cornering ones,,,think pondy had to remove his too,very strange
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Much appreciated the replays .
                      This is what's in there at the moment looks like either a EBay special suppose to give the look of Xeon or whatever they are called .
                      So consensus is LED ?

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Go with the best novosight you can find bud

Comment

You haven't said if your lights are projector or reflector lenses. If they're projector lenses. Either Hid or Led. If you have reflector lenses you need to be very careful. To my knowledge there are two types of reflector lenses. One has a small sheath of metal the bulb sits in. This gives a clear cut off which allows you to fit Hid or Led bulbs but you need to find the correct ones that sit withing the sheath. Just any Hid or Led won't do. You will just dazzle oncoming and preceding drivers.

If you have reflectors without the sheath. You can only use a Hid kit with H7R bulbs (R stands for reflector). H7R bulbs have a coating on part of the bulb to help give a cut off so it doesn't dazzle.

I'm not recommending this kit. It's just an example of what you should be looking for if you have reflectors without a sheath https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352288120200 A 35 watt kit, is all you need. 55 watt is far too bright for reflectors. I'd also only be looking at 5000k colour temp.
                          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Gas man do you have a link or the exact leds your using as I’d love to get those for my A facelift?
                            Last edited by mka306; 12-07-2020, 11:11 PM.

Comment

I've bought a set of these today, I'll let you know if they're any good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BFA8C157-5C07-4C4A-8388-6B7F963ED042.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	247699
                              Last edited by mka306; 13-07-2020, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X