Fault code p1035

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fault code p1035

Hi as above I have the service vehicle soon on the dash had the car scanned and came up 1035 which the mechanic said it was my lamber sensor iv now replaced the sensor will the code clear on it own in time or is it a trip bk to the garage to get it cleared
    Thanks jamie

Is the EML still on?

Comment

No just service vehicle

Comment

If you've replaced the O2 sensor and still having a light on the code will be stored so will need plugged in to reset

Comment

OK thanks

Comment

Which 1 did they replace ?
            Bank 1 sensor 1
            Did they do any diagnostic procedures to see if it was the sensor or wiring?
            If all is ok and you are sure the fault has been cured
            I don't know if with them they need to be coded to the car .
            But you could always disconnect the battery from car for a couple of hours to see if it clears
            But make sure you can re-enter the car before disconnecting ( i.e. Key fits and turns in door lock barrel and it unlocks car .)
            10-4 good buddy

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Some dtc codes will clear themselves after a certain number of runs without the fault being detected others will manually have to be cleared.
              With a good diagnostic tool you will be able to see when connected live data that will help you to identify if the sensor is working correctly and depending on the vehicle you will be able to preform actuation tests.

On some Vauxhall you may also need to do a HO2S Learn with a diagnostic tool i believe but maybe someone would be able to clarify this further as i am not sure if the car will learn this themselves or if this can only be done via oe level tool
              Thinkdiag - Turn your smart phone into a OE level diagnostic tool for your car brand, ThinkDiag is bi-directional and supports manufacturer specific code reading, special functions, actuation tests and live data.
              All members of this forum get a 10% discount from my website https://www.Thinkdiag.co.uk . Please contact me for a discount code as they are unique.

Comment

On Thease there is a learn process, as you know most things on modern cars is not a case of plug and play .
                The op has not put down engine power output etc etc and year ,
                There are 2 o2 sensors from the code its bank 1 sensor 1 .
                But he dose nit say if the garage he took it to carried out a diagnostic test to see if it was the sensor or a wiring issue ,
                If the 4 wire type there's a power ground , heat ,signal.
                But from what I've read they diagnosed and he replaced it .
                It requires learning/ codeing which most non dealership diagnostic equipment can carry out .
                But that's if it was the sensor and not wiring at fault.

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

That's why your always best to re read ECU for codes after clearing if light doesn't go out. Lol

Comment

I know a tool that would allow the learning depending on the model and year hint hint : )
                    Thinkdiag - Turn your smart phone into a OE level diagnostic tool for your car brand, ThinkDiag is bi-directional and supports manufacturer specific code reading, special functions, actuation tests and live data.
                    All members of this forum get a 10% discount from my website https://www.Thinkdiag.co.uk . Please contact me for a discount code as they are unique.

Comment

Bit pricey for me tbh Inc yearly subscription

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                        Bit pricey for me tbh Inc yearly subscription
                        The price is actually very good for a OE level tool considering if you buy the pro3 uk version it would be i guess 1500 and you would still need to pay to update the brands after a year or two still anyway. The downside if anything due to the cost is that it only comes with two free software for 12 months but if you want OE level diagnostic on a limited number of vehicles you will struggle to find a more affordable option. having said that this tool is not for everybody and i respect that some people need all brands so could work out cheaper to buy the pro3 and other people only need basic code reading and clearing.

You would have to check it supports what you need it to but a op-com could be a cheaper alternative for you but this will not have the same power as the thinkdiag another alternative could be the ap200 but this tool is not bidirectional.

Comment

Originally posted by ThinkDiag View Post
                          The price is actually very good for a OE level tool considering if you buy the pro3 uk version it would be i guess 1500 and you would still need to pay to update the brands after a year or two still anyway. The downside if anything due to the cost is that it only comes with two free software for 12 months but if you want OE level diagnostic on a limited number of vehicles you will struggle to find a more affordable option. having said that this tool is not for everybody and i respect that some people need all brands so could work out cheaper to buy the pro3 and other people only need basic code reading and clearing.
                          Op com and the like of do a good enough job for me no subscription etc, I own cars general for long periods of time so would be more cost effective not to have subscription and a tool per say for that vehicle.
                          Sounds the part and wish you luck selling your products

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                            Op com and the like of do a good enough job for me no subscription etc, I own cars general for long periods of time so would be more cost effective not to have subscription and a tool per say for that vehicle.
                            Sounds the part and wish you luck selling your products
                            If op-com works for what you need and on your vehicle year that is a wise decision

Comment

Working...
                            X