Advice on upgrading to Android Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on upgrading to Android Auto

Hi, I'm new here but it seems like this is gonna be my only hope of actually getting somewhere with this.

I have a 2015 Insignia 2.0CDTI and I want to upgrade from the rather crappy standard head unit with only Bluetooth and radio. I've searched high and low for a double din fascia, couldn't find one. I've even looked for a retrofit all in one kit, but can't seem to find anything which fits 2015, only 2013 down.

Ideally, I'd like to just buy a double din faceplate that actually fits the 2015 so then I've got options of head units (we all know the Chinese ones aren't great)

Does anybody know where to find the fascia?

If you could find your way to new members introductions it would be a help.

Theres a big section on ice and many people willing to offer their experiences. I am old enough to remember times when there was only one person in the street with a telephone and you paid them 2p to borrow the use of it.

Pop along to reception and there will be someone along shortly to offer their wisdom.

Comment

Hi, firstly when you get time can you go introduce yourself in the new members section https://insignia-drivers.uk/forums/3...-Introductions with maybe a pic or two of your car?

There are a couple of routes members have gone down (Though the first is usually when they already have the nav system but not Android Auto or Apple Car Play). 1 is to buy a donor head unit, cabling and a 2.5 HMI module then get it reprogrammed to your car. The end result is you have the equivalent of a factory fitted system. What could make things more difficult where yours is concerned is I think the GPS aerial is in the shark fin and yours will probably have the standard bee sting aerial.

The 2nd route is to buy an aftermarket Android system from somewhere like Icebox https://www.iceboxauto.com/vauxhall-...ndroid-7-h5548

Systems from Icebox have been known to cause battery drain though but members have found if they don't connect the steering wheel control (it only controls the volume) the issue goes away.

Which ever route you go down I'm sure members more qualified will be along who can help you more.
      Last edited by marko301; 16-05-2020, 11:39 PM.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
      X