M32 help. Need quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M32 help. Need quick

Just drained my m32 box to put fuchs in iv only managed to get 1 and abit litre out any advice

Originally posted by R402faa View Post
    Just drained my m32 box to put fuchs in iv only managed to get 1 and abit litre out any advice
    All I know is m32 box has 2.2 litres of oil usually.

Maybe look for signs of leaks on drive shafts

Comment

Through years of use, the oil will disappear slowly.....it's like doing an oil change on the engine, you won't get out what you initially put in.

Just make sure you put 2.4 litres back in.

Comment

There are videos on you tube which I'm sure you will have looked at, make sure you are familier with which plugs are for draining and fill level. You should have gearbox oil warm and car level. Also did you release the fill plug first as air might hold oil in the galleries? Or like others say over time it could have lost some or never been full in first place!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200518_161435.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	247085
          Just don't let this happen mate

Comment

OK so I got 1.5 litres out of her if these take 2.8 there surely still can't be over a litre in there so I put in 2.8 of the fuchs stuff I watched a video on YouTube of a company in Halifax that was rebuilding one they put 3 litres in ovs I expect some of the old oil to. Still be in there.

Comment

OK so I got 1.5 litres out of her if these take 2.8 there surely still can't be over a litre in there so I put in 2.8 of the fuchs stuff I watched a video on YouTube of a company in Halifax that was rebuilding one they put 3 litres in ovs I expect some of the old oil to. Still be in there.
              I think 2.8 is after you have over filled. Originally I believe they have about 2.2l, most people overfill to around 2.8l, there will always be a bit left in.

Comment

I could easily drain abit tomorrow but think I'm gonna leave it at also didn't really need to take that battery out slide ecu up and 3 extension bars would of. Done it

Comment

If you have drained the oil out completely, then put back 2.8
                  As drew says I'd the car on axel stands and level ?
                  Also it all depends on how much was put in last time it was changed if it has been changed at all .
                  I don't know but maybe last time it was changed maybe they put in the oil quantity for the F40 gearbox,which would of been wrong.
                  Also , are you sure you have the M32 gearbox ? .
                  Just a therory of mine .
                  10-4 .

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I could easily drain abit tomorrow but think I'm gonna leave it at also didn't really need to take that battery out slide ecu up and 3 extension bars would of. Done it
                    I agree, drive it first, if you are getting your gears selected ok I would leave it. Some people say when over full gears can sometimes be difficult, but try it and see. Better to have too much than too little I would have thought.

Comment

I'm sure either way it got more in now then it did I know these boxes are bad so doing my best to look after it

Comment

So after changing my oil the other day iv just noticed a few drops on the drive any ideas why it would be leaking the plug didn't have a copper washer or any thing so I gave it a good clean put some ptfe tape around the treads and thought no more of it

Comment

If it's leaking from the plug then you may not have got a good enough seal with ptfe. So people recommend using a silcon sealer, if not the drain plug, is it coming out from a driveshaft seal, it could be why the level was low to start with?

Comment

The drain plug is fine gonna have to
                            Get it hacked up take a look.

Comment

The drain plug is fine gonna have to
                              Get it hacked up take a look.
                              That's a burger but if it's one of the drive shaft seals it would explain where the oil has gone, just going to be more work!

Comment

Working...
                              X