Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qmark78 View Post
    192bhp you say [emoji2960][emoji16]
    In fact another member had his done with the same guy and again, very happy with his too.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
      My god with the money you and Rab are saving you should both have nice wheels
      Rab has [emoji23], bog standard on mine.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
        Yep.
        Had it mapped last year. Then went onto the rolling road.....extremely happy with it.
        Where did you get it mapped?

Thinking about getting mine done at some point.

Comment

Great thread & good info for all of us...
          Unless your lucky enough to already have a VXR, then it appears that all the Turbo cars seem to be good performers in both Manual & Auto, and Handle too... so as long as ur happy paying £145 road tax then its really down to personal preference i would suspect...
          On Handling I had a few Early Vectra's which did not handle out of the box but could be made to work with springs & dampers / bushes & setups, but they always suffered from understeer no matte what you did to them... I never liked the square Vectra's so skipped that for a VXR8, however I did have a square 1.8 Vectra Loan car which I took around Curborogh spring track and I could not believe how much grip it had even 4 up flat out round there I could not get it to brake away..... The Insignia's seem to handle really well out of the box so no issues there and that is priceless in my books

Comment

I'm up for a bit of Diesel mapping to but maybe thats a different thread..... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by CTID Hants View Post
              Hi All,

I hope i am posting in the correct place, if not please move to the correct location it would be appreciated.

OK since i joined a few months back, when introduced myself, i was initially looking at a late A face-lift 2.0 170 BHP, of which i have my eye on a few samples.

However, as the days of lock-down have gone on, i have started to be drawn to the Type B style wise especially having looked at a video review on YT telling me their are significant changes in the new model, including it being 175 KG lighter making handling significantly better.

So i strated looking at engine options and noticed that road tax has risen from £30 on the Type A to £145 on the Type B, whilst not a show stopper, i would like to understand why?

I then started considering the engine options (mentioned in the video), from what i gather there are the following variants.

Diesel 2.0 litre 170 BHP
              Diesel 1.6 litre 134 BHP
              Dieisel 1.5 litre 163 BHP
              Petrol 1.6 litre 163 BHP

All, including the petrol model have turbo? So how come the 1.5 has better performance than the 1.6 diesel?

I am used to driving a Saab 9-3 1.9 Diesel turbo 150 BHP, so concerned about the lesser engine sizes being grunty enough.

What i am hoping to garner from this in particular is those who have gone to Type B from Type A face-lift and their opinions of pro's and con's of both.

Also anyone has experience of driving the different engine sizes outlined above.

Cheers

Ian
              They changed the VED from 2017 models onwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Madd_dog View Post
                Where did you get it mapped?

Thinking about getting mine done at some point.
                S.M Remaps, based in Central Scotland buddy

Comment

Originally posted by CTID Hants View Post
                  Hi All,

I hope i am posting in the correct place, if not please move to the correct location it would be appreciated.

OK since i joined a few months back, when introduced myself, i was initially looking at a late A face-lift 2.0 170 BHP, of which i have my eye on a few samples.

However, as the days of lock-down have gone on, i have started to be drawn to the Type B style wise especially having looked at a video review on YT telling me their are significant changes in the new model, including it being 175 KG lighter making handling significantly better.

So i strated looking at engine options and noticed that road tax has risen from £30 on the Type A to £145 on the Type B, whilst not a show stopper, i would like to understand why?

I then started considering the engine options (mentioned in the video), from what i gather there are the following variants.

Diesel 2.0 litre 170 BHP
                  Diesel 1.6 litre 134 BHP
                  Dieisel 1.5 litre 163 BHP
                  Petrol 1.6 litre 163 BHP

All, including the petrol model have turbo? So how come the 1.5 has better performance than the 1.6 diesel?

I am used to driving a Saab 9-3 1.9 Diesel turbo 150 BHP, so concerned about the lesser engine sizes being grunty enough.

What i am hoping to garner from this in particular is those who have gone to Type B from Type A face-lift and their opinions of pro's and con's of both.

Also anyone has experience of driving the different engine sizes outlined above.

Cheers

Ian
                  Yeah pure and simple, the Insignia B came out after government tax changes where all new cars from £0-£39.999 cost £145 (£140 at the time) and all new cars £40.000 and over cost £500 per year for the first five years then drop to £145.

I can't help where diesels are concerned but I went to an Insignia B from an Insignia A facelift. The Facelift was a 1.8 petrol naturally aspirated engine. Some say it's under powered but I never felt that. I always found it worked well with proper use of the gears. However moving to my 1.5t petrol Insignia B was a great leap forward. Yes I dropped 300cc but the turbo and the fact the car is 175kg (that's a whopping 27 stone in old money) lighter. This thing is nippy and so well planted on the road when cornering.

Pros

Quieter, better handling, loads of safety features as standard as you can see in my signature.

Cons
                  I honestly can't think of any other than a smaller fuel tank.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I'm in the same camp as Marko, went from a pre face 160bhp diesel tourer to a Insignia C 1.5 turbo petrol tourer and its a big step up. This is even with my first one being an Elite Nav and the new one just a SRi model. I dont think i've ever felt i was lacking any power and fuel consumption wise i'm not really losing that much. The fact its lighter makes a massive difference and in terms of spec i did pay for the winter pack on the new one but the only thing i really miss are the AFL headlights. In terms of Sat Nav i use my iPhone via CarPlay and its much better than the standard system and i dont have to worry about updating it. I've done a 2200 mile journey to France and back in it fully laden with luggage, wife, sprog and dog and it handled it without an issue. Would happily plod along the autoroutes at 80 with no issues.

The only thing to be careful with the new car is they started dropping the spec after a while so some newer cars dont have things as standard that early Insignia B cars had.

Comment

S.M Remaps, based in Central Scotland buddy
                      Thanks mate.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                        as for road tax You can have identical car that came off the production line together but registered a day apart one can be £30 the other £145. I always check the actual dvla web site find out date registered & emissions and cost of tax before I hand my money over, I agree its become a mind field, up to couple years ago you could put reg in on dvla but they took that feature away makes it little harder.
                        Thanks, not overly bothered about about the Tax cost PA, just didn't know they had changed the rules, thanks for explaining

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                          Ok illll own up , I'm neither a insignia A or B owner , but I do own a dare I say it Fleet of Saab 9-3's 2 are 1.9 tid 150 and the other is a different kettle of mustard.
                          But to put power differences into context.
                          My wife owns a 1.5 DCI qashqai with a lowly 110 BHP but there is not much difference in performance between the saabs and the qashqai.
                          I did at one point own an insignia A 160 ,and yet again not much in it .
                          If you are interested in figures have a look at the torque curve or maximum torque.
                          That's where on paper they all differ from the Saab that you are use to .
                          For every day driving loosing a couple of horse power is not going to be noticed.
                          Cheers Lizzard, so looking at the torque, Saab 9-3 150BHP has a torque of 320nm (236ft-lbs-ft), the 1.5 petrol turbo 163BHP is 250nm (184lbs-ft) & the 2.0 diesel turbo 170BHP is 400nm (295lbs-ft)

The 1.5 petrol turbo isn't looking so good when compared with other two, so i am now back looking again at the B 2.0 diesel 170BHP

Out of interest do you know anyone on the Saab side who would scrap my old card but recycle the parts, i know certain parts like the rear light cluster are getting scarse.

Comment

I've the insignia A 2.0 cdti ecoflex 140 remapped to 192 and my road tax is £0
                            The performance and economy is superb......when the insignia b came out they're were a helluva lot of disappointed people but the build quality and refinement won them.

I had the vectra c 1.8 petrol 136bhp and was £220 a year.....so I agree with ilunn...check all the figures etc before handing over the shekels.
                            Thanks, but i am not keen on remapping, would rather keep it stock and pay the £145 a year.

Comment

I believe the tax man realised there was all these cars being put on road with £0 road tax and his his wallet was not as fat as it used to be so come up with that scheme saying it was fairer.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                                Yeah pure and simple, the Insignia B came out after government tax changes where all new cars from £0-£39.999 cost £145 (£140 at the time) and all new cars £40.000 and over cost £500 per year for the first five years then drop to £145.

I can't help where diesels are concerned but I went to an Insignia B from an Insignia A facelift. The Facelift was a 1.8 petrol naturally aspirated engine. Some say it's under powered but I never felt that. I always found it worked well with proper use of the gears. However moving to my 1.5t petrol Insignia B was a great leap forward. Yes I dropped 300cc but the turbo and the fact the car is 175kg (that's a whopping 27 stone in old money) lighter. This thing is nippy and so well planted on the road when cornering.

Pros

Quieter, better handling, loads of safety features as standard as you can see in my signature.

Cons
                                I honestly can't think of any other than a smaller fuel tank.
                                Thanks, definitely settled on a B now

Comment

Working...
                                X