Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Insignia intermittent oil pressure warning after seal change

Hi all,
    I would appreciate any help with an intermittent warning on my 2012 2.0 diesel Insignia.

I bought the car back in January with roughly 60k miles on it, and being aware of the dreaded oil seal failure i had it booked in not long after to get it done as a bit of preventive maintenance. The light popped up once before it got in.
    So i got the seal changed and everything ran away fine for about 6 weeks until out of the blue on the way to work it came on again, so i took it back to the garage and he said he a pressure switch from an old engine and this would now sort it.
    Got the car back and the following day on the way home from work the light was coming on and going off like crazy!! I was in the middle of a village and had to keep going but eventually got home.

So i rang a local mechanic who said to drop it to him, but he will start at the seal again because this is the common issue.
    Sure enough the seal that was replaced initially appeared pinched on fitment. I got the car back and it ran away fine for about a week then 2 weeks ago the light came on again, same story on and off very intermittent. Rang him back and he ordered a new pressure switch and fitted it Monday got the car back yesterday and today on the way home from work on it comes again!!!!!!!!!!
    Tomorrow he has a guy from a local Opel main dealer coming to update some oil pressure software..........?

So my question is after 2 seal changes and 2 switch changes what could it be?

And also if it was a genuine fault would my engine be toast by now?

I appreciate everyone taking the time to read this and help with any sugestions.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Hi Andrew,pop along here first and introduce yourself,members will be along and give you advice

Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Have they pressure tested the oil pump?

Comment

May sound a daft question,has it got the correct oil in it?
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Yeah both mechanics put a quage on the block and said the pressure was perfect..

Comment

I can only assume it is....but I will check.
            Are the inignias temperamental with oil ?

Comment

Faulty wire to oil press switch?

Genuine oil switches used or pattern ones?

Comment

Pattern, I'd say....but for both to be faulty?

Comment

Yes,strange for two to be faulty,worth checking oil though and the wire to the switch,may be earthing out.

Comment

Thanks Howy.
                    What's your opinion on the software update?

Comment

The Diesel members will help with that,not heard of that one though!(oil press. software)

Comment

Cheers Howy

Comment

Plenty of help/info on here,members will help you out.

Comment

been on insignia forum since 2013,and its the 1st time oil pressure software has come up,,,oil pump is mechanical,so what would a software update achieve ?
                            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                              been on insignia forum since 2013,and its the 1st time oil pressure software has come up,,,oil pump is mechanical,so what would a software update achieve ?
                              I think he said it was an update to the alarm parameters....ill find out more tomorrow.
                              It's very frustrating to be honest , I'm confident enough that this isn't a mechanical issue but it's always in the back of my mind the"what if"!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X