Rear Windscreen wiper problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Windscreen wiper problem

I have a 2009 (58 plate) Insignia. The rear wind screen wiper is acting up. Basically it will operate on continuous but when you turn it off it stops exactly where it is and doesn't return to start and the intermittent is very intermittent stopping and starting all of the time.

I have checks the fuses and oiled the workings etc but no joy

Any ideas?

I'd put a bet on it being the actual motor.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Definitely the motor if it's not parking properly

Comment

Can you recommend a place to get them from?

Comment

Its either a new complete motor or a sec/hand one---many would be looking on ebay for them----Dave

Comment

Hi
            Yes got the replacement and fitted it --- works great thanks - only thing now I will have to sell car as Ive lost my job

Comment

Originally posted by Toad View Post
              Hi
              Yes got the replacement and fitted it --- works great thanks - only thing now I will have to sell car as Ive lost my job
              i was gonna like your post....but it would be disrespectful especially with the last bit.

Hopefully things will look up for you buddy

Comment

Hopefully it will - I've got a couple of months to sort something else - fingers are crossed

Comment

Glad you fixed it but very sorry to hear about your job. Hopefully you will get a new job quickly. All the best!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your job,hope you find something
                    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

That's bad luck ....Fingers crossed you find something before your current employment ends.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                      X