Just had an MOT........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had an MOT........

A customer came into my son's garage to see if he could supply and fit and alternator to his 60 plate transit
    While it was up on the ramp I took the picture below.

When the guy came to collect it, we had general chit chat and I was asking if he had just bought it.

He told us that he had had it from new and sailed through every MOT......infact it had only passed the week before coming in here.

You decide.......

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200516_145930258_BURST001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	250834

I wonder how much he bribed the tester to pass that??
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Bent MOT

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
        A customer came into my son's garage to see if he could supply and fit and alternator to his 60 plate transit
        While it was up on the ramp I took the picture below.

When the guy came to collect it, we had general chit chat and I was asking if he had just bought it.

He told us that he had had it from new and sailed through every MOT......infact it had only passed the week before coming in here.

You decide.......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5768[/ATTACH]
        Dodgy looking to me
        siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

Originally posted by Smig64 View Post
          Dodgy looking to me
          Slightly

Comment

Been driving on hot tar

Comment

Does make you wonder whats knocking about currently with this 6 month grace period for MOTs due to the current situation. Cars that arent getting picked up on.

Going the other way....my wifes old Corsa once went into a vauxhall dealer for a recall fix and whilst there they called her to say the car wasnt roadworthy and dangerous due to illegal tyres. I spoke to them, picked myself up after hearing the tyre prices they quoted and said i would get it sorted the following day as my uncle was taking it for its MOT. I mentioned it to him when he picked it up and he said he would check only for me to get a phone call an hour later advising it has passed with just an advisory for the front tyres.

Was basically just standard dealership looking for work they can charge for!

Comment

Would that tyre not be making a hell of a noise on the road----must be stone deaf if he can't hear it----dreadful-----Dave

Comment

Kojak
                  , " who loves you baby "
                  Well the mot tester must of .
                  10-4 .

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I bet the testers name was Stevie Wonder ---Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                      I bet the testers name was Stevie Wonder ---Dave
                      What worries me is that all MOTs have 6 months grace, yet he says it was MOT'd the previous week.

He must be David Nixon to get that done

Comment

Wants reporting Rab, how could you give a pass to something like that it's illegal, if that was me or you you would be told that it was a serious fail--crazy---Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                          Wants reporting Rab, how could you give a pass to something like that it's illegal, if that was me or you you would be told that it was a serious fail--crazy---Dave
                          Aye Definitely bud

Comment

Wants reporting. Looks like those tyres have done a rally stage. See similar tyre damage on trucks that go offroad

Comment

Gees oh obviously it checking condition himself and doing what many do and rely on the MOT checking the condition for them.
                              The MOT was extended for 6 months but nothing stopping you getting it done as many stations were still open whoever tested that clearly didn’t get up from the computer to check it.

Comment

Working...
                              X