More problems ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More problems ...

Had my car serviced, new shocks, all wheels balanced and a 4 wheel alignment done but I am still getting a slight vibration when I am overtaking between 70 and 80 on motorway. Any ideas what else could cause it? Driveshaft maybe?

I hope that is KPH and not MPH
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Might be a balance weight has come off the driveshaft.
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

wheels must be knackered...………..you need to sell them on

Comment

It could be 1 of your rims has buckled

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
            It could be 1 of your rims has buckled
            I did think that Russ but they seemed ok when I put them back on last month and I had a same issue with the winters on. I hoped getting all the bits done would cure it. Maybe just the car getting on a bit mileage wise or I am noticing it more with the lockdown as I am able to do most of my commute by motorway as theres no traffic.

Comment

Have you tried to ride it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                Depends on who with

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
                  Driveshaft maybe?
                  Its possible
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Sorry guys had a mad wee while of things and hadn't replied. Possibility of an easy solution is that I need 2 back tyres soon which apparently sometimes can cause a vibration at the front so have 2 getting delivered this week and will get brother in law to fit.

However I noticed today a slight clunk when I lift the clutch pedal and when I am driving if I dip it slightly there's a vibration from it so now fearing it's a DMF. Gear changes are still smooth and no problem with the clutch operation but think I am gonna have a very expensive month.

Bloody cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                      Yeah it's not violent but gets worse faster you go so I just drop back to normal speeds. I don't really drive that fast tbh just maybe speed up if needed to get past something on motorway but usually have cruise control on at about 72 (on motorway just)

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
                        Yeah it's not violent but gets worse faster you go so I just drop back to normal speeds. I don't really drive that fast tbh just maybe speed up if needed to get past something on motorway but usually have cruise control on at about 72 (on motorway just)
                        Would you say it's more felt in the car or in the steering wheel?

Comment

Feels more like it's from under your feet and less in the steering wheel.

Comment

Have you checked the hub bearing?

Comment

Wouldn't know how to bud. It's not been back in garage since having the shocks done and alignment etc. As I say after discussing with mechanic he thought it might be the back tyres as I needed them anyway but just noticed the knock from the clutch last night.

Comment

Working...
                              X