Few issues that I know of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonyrainsforth View Post
    Hi Dave. Would you be willing to come through to shields/meet you half way tomorrow? Paid of course. john@jrlx.co.uk
    John you have a PM ------Dave

Comment

Massive thanks to David who did the diagnostic for me and found the P003A code so new boost control ordered. Fingers crossed that solves it. Thanks David!
      2014 CDTI 2L ecoFlex 140bhp

Comment

No problem John, anytime - - Dave

Comment

What a forum we have!
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Update should anyone like to know.

Replaced the boost control and very much an improvement, now change gears at 2000rpm instead of 3000rpm which is what I would expect, still a bit sluggish in 4-6 but im hoping that might be the ESC code pulling the engine into a low power mode maybe? Op-Com should be here in a day or two so hopefully clearing codes may help!

Thanks
            JR

Comment

New weird one. The car display is now show PRNDS and giving me a menu option for sat-nav. The really weird thing is, my car doesn’t have sat nav and it’s a manual!

Comment

New weird one. The car display is now show PRNDS and giving me a menu option for sat-nav. The really weird thing is, my car doesn’t have sat nav and it’s a manual!
                Disconnect battery for 10 to clear the electric gremlins out of the system [emoji106]

Comment

Just one terminal or all three?

Cheers
                  JR

Comment

Just one terminal or all three?

Cheers
                    JR
                    Black, - there should be just one black connected to battery? When you reconnect, your memory functions would disappear brear in mind. Such as electric seat memory or pre-saved info on the dash/infotainment

Comment

Sorry to keep popping up. My op-com arrived did the code clear and these are constantly returning.

P0399 - Cylinder 1 Pressure Sensor Circuit Erratic

P03AD - Cylinder 3 Pressure Sensor Circuit Erratic

P03B7 - Cylinder 4 Pressure Sensor Circuit Erratic

P03A3 - Cylinder 2 Pressure Sensor circuit erratic.

P0396 - Cylinder 1 Pressure Sensor Performance

P003A - Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control "A" Position Exceeded

C0040-0F - indicates the ABS module has detected erratic operation from the right front wheel speed sensor.

So it looks obvious I need 4 new glow plugs. Great time for that!! Could the speed sensor be the reason the service ESC keeps coming up? Still stuck on turbocharge. Changed for new solenoid but can’t get rid of that code.

Comment

Sorry to keep popping up. My op-com arrived did the code clear and these are constantly returning.

C0040-0F - indicates the ABS module has detected erratic operation from the right front wheel speed sensor.

So it looks obvious I need 4 new glow plugs. Great time for that!! Could the speed sensor be the reason the service ESC keeps coming up? Still stuck on turbocharge. Changed for new solenoid but can’t get rid of that code.
                        Check your ecu plug is properly installed.

Check fuses and your glowplug relay module before diving for 4 new glowplugs.

Replace ABS sensor is a 15 quid parts and a one wheel off, 20 minute job.

If the new solenoid isn't working track the cable and see where its plugged in and loom for damage. Use some electric contact cleaner on the Male,female plug.

Comment

yes ,wheel speed sensor,,easy,and cheap fix...unlike the glow plugs
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Not my remit, but strange that all glow plugs should fail together with same fault.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                              yes ,wheel speed sensor,,easy,and cheap fix...unlike the glow plugs
                              Ok. I’ll order the new sensor. Hope that finally gets rid of ESC message. Very annoying beeping message ever time in start the car

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                                Not my remit, but strange that all glow plugs should fail together with same fault.
                                I’ve only had this car a few weeks. May well have been an existing fault I was not told about!

Comment

Working...
                                X