Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few issues that I know of

Hi all

First time poster and first time Insignia owner. 2014 CDTI 2L ecoFlex 140bhp

I’ve got a few niggles I’m trying to find out a about which may or may not be related.

1. Service ESC, no warning light just message.
    2. Service Tyre Monitoring System and all tyres just show dashes, no warning light just message.
    3. Feels very sluggish in higher gears. I have to rev right up to 3000+ before changing up from 1-2-3 then feels like 4-5-6 do nothing.

Tried a code reader but get no codes then again it’s just a 30£ one from amazon. Taking it to a garage on Tuesday but just wondering if theirs anything I can look at in the meantime.

Thanks
    JR
    2014 CDTI 2L ecoFlex 140bhp

Hello,Pop along to here and tell us more about your motor,very good bunch on here full of info/help:

Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

1. There will be a code, as you think the code reader aint good enough. Opcom on a laptop Is one of the better systems. Just buy from a place that can support u.

2 Tyre pressure monitoring. Previous owner has probably swapped out his old alloys etc that had the sensors in when you bought it. Did he mention it? As flashing lights tend to say [emoji1787]
      You would really need a set fitted and programmed. Unsure if you can turn it off.

3 good chance turbo isn’t kicking in. What reason is obviously the question. There is a boost sensor on the rear, top that can help by cleaning with an aerosol carb/brake cleaner. Gets a lot of gunge.

May help but probably a sticking turbo actuator or boost solenoid faulty. (After engine stopped can you hear what in reality sounds like a vibration or a cow ‘mooing’ sound ? If so it’s failed.

Google clean boost sensor it’s an easy job. Just be careful with plastic electric clips as can be brittle.

Comment

Hello jony , if it's going in the garage Tuesday then I would recommend you stick with the appointment.
        Code reader you would require for +2014 would be VX-Diag , or similar
        Generic code readers are just that .Generic
        And with car manufacturers upping there game as far as dealer level diagnostic equipment, they cannot read most modules.
        Tally wackle ho
        And keep us up to speed with the outcome.

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hello Jr and welcome to the forum, I'm just through the tunnel if you need any help plus I have the diagnostic kits to hand---Dave

Comment

Thank you. It annoys me that no warning lights come up on the dash, just a message! Not helpful to pinpoint!

Comment

Thanks Dave. Great to know, I hope Tuesday night solve this but then again in current climate I hope it’s not a bank breaking repair

Comment

Car is in limp mode and it could be something as simple as a glowplug to one of the gas temp sensors--what garage are you taking it to-----Dave

Comment

R and M Motors. I thought limp mode comes up with a warning light? Well, it did on my Vectra.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonyrainsforth View Post
                    R and M Motors. I thought limp mode comes up with a warning light? Well, it did on my Vectra.
                    No not always----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieric View Post
                      After engine stopped can you hear what in reality sounds like a vibration or a cow ‘mooing’ sound ? .
                      I though the mooooing and vibrations under my bonnet after a drive was just the fan spinning down/vibrating. Now I have something else added to my list of jobs :/

Comment

It’s the boost control solenoid one the front slam panel.
                        You need the revised version thatchas a larger reservoir attached.
                        This is essentially the switch that opens up the turbo.

eBay or search this site should show a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieric View Post
                          It’s the boost control solenoid one the front slam panel.
                          You need the revised version thatchas a larger reservoir attached.
                          This is essentially the switch that opens up the turbo.

eBay or search this site should show a few.
                          at least its a cheap part!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                              Hello Jr and welcome to the forum, I'm just through the tunnel if you need any help plus I have the diagnostic kits to hand---Dave
                              Hi Dave. Would you be willing to come through to shields/meet you half way tomorrow? Paid of course. john@jrlx.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X