• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Led upgrade help

Hi all

I have a 2010 cdti insignia exclusive

Been looking into led headlights for front but don't know much about it

Does anyone know if the insignia has projector or reflector lights as I read online this affects the bulb choice.

Also would I be wanting a dual filiment that does both the dipped and main beam? I know at the minute my car has a separate bulb for each so wasn't sure if I needed to replace both or whether one led would function as both

Sorry as I said don't know much about this stuff

If anyone could even link me a set they recommend that would be even better

Many thanks in advance

Sorry all

My bad just saw a very useful sticky that's answered my questions. Silly me for not seeing

Apologies and thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RB02259 View Post
      Sorry all

My bad just saw a very useful sticky that's answered my questions. Silly me for not seeing

Apologies and thanks
      Where is this sticky you speak of??

Comment

When you click into the lights section of the forum the sticky is right at the top. It has a load of suggestions of compatible light upgrades

Comment

aint that for insignia B's if you have a 2010 is an insignia A pre facelift

Comment

Hi there

Thanks. I really don't know much about it . In that case my question still stands if anyone could help me out

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by RB02259 View Post
              Hi there

Thanks. I really don't know much about it . In that case my question still stands if anyone could help me out

Cheers
              The Pre facelift Insignia A has the old type reflector lights. (Nothing surrounds the bulb)
              The Facelift Insignia A has projector lights.
              The Pre facelift Insignia B has the newer type reflector lights. (A metal sheath surrounds the bulb)

You have the older type reflector lights. You can't put leds in them because they will dazzle other road users.

You can get away putting hids in as long as you get H7R (R stands for reflector) bulbs. H7R bulbs have part of the xenon bulb coated to help give it a cut off.

If you want to pay a bit more, 2xcite make after market lights for the Insignia 2008-2013 that have projectors and led daytime running lights. You can put led bulbs in those but you're looking at around £300-£350 for a set of lights. They look really nice though.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

These are the 2xcite replacements. You might find them cheaper on ebay or somewhere like it. https://www.2xcite.co.uk/product/vau...ghts-e-marked/
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Hi marko

Great information thanks very much for sharing. Will look into those. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X