Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPMS fault

Hey all, hope you are all staying safe!

Could someone help me out please, I have a 17plate facelift siggy which has recently developed an issue with the Tpms, sensors on all wheels seem to read absolutely fine, don’t fluctuate but I keep having the Tmps service message displayed on my dash every time I turn the ignition on & the tyre symbol also stays on.

I have read posts by others here about the tpms module causing issues which I think maybe the case as the other day my power sounder kept going off for about half an hour.

My question is where is the tpms module located? Behind the rear bumper or behind the clocks? (As I’ve seen both mentioned) & how can the problem be fixed? If a new module is needed does it need to go into a Vauxhall dealership for coding etc?

Thanks, Paul

its behind rear bumper
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      its behind rear bumper
      Cheers mate, 1st step.....now how easy is it get fixed?

Comment

not had any probs with mine as yet,,if a sensor has failed,its a tyre off job to replace,then new sensor will "self learn" to the car
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I don’t think it is the sensor, I changed all tyre pressures the other day & all were reading absolutely spot on to what I put in. As much as it’s nice having gadgets sometimes there is too much to go wrong!

In a way hoping it isn’t a sensor as typical that my car is currently having all 4 wheels powder coated & new tyres going on, so it will be a pain if one has to come off again!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulW82 View Post

In a way hoping it isn’t a sensor as typical that my car is currently having all 4 wheels powder coated & new tyres going on, so it will be a pain if one has to come off again!
            that's all down to which muppet operates the tyre machine

you could disconnect the battery for 15 mins or so,see if it resets itself,,,,which mode in the settings for tyre pressures is your car set to...light...eco ,etc

Comment

Hey all, hope you are all staying safe!

Could someone help me out please, I have a 17plate facelift siggy which has recently developed an issue with the Tpms, sensors on all wheels seem to read absolutely fine, don’t fluctuate but I keep having the Tmps service message displayed on my dash every time I turn the ignition on & the tyre symbol also stays on.

I have read posts by others here about the tpms module causing issues which I think maybe the case as the other day my power sounder kept going off for about half an hour.

My question is where is the tpms module located? Behind the rear bumper or behind the clocks? (As I’ve seen both mentioned) & how can the problem be fixed? If a new module is needed does it need to go into a Vauxhall dealership for coding etc?

Thanks, Paul
              Usually water gets into the TPMS ecu and causes issues with the alarm. Usually you get a tyre location not known message.

Take it off the car and see if it's wet. Try drying it out before replacing they aren't cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                Usually water gets into the TPMS ecu and causes issues with the alarm. Usually you get a tyre location not known message.

Take it off the car and see if it's wet. Try drying it out before replacing they aren't cheap.
                Cheers mate that’s exactly the message I’m getting.

I do actually have an extended warranty until start of July with Pentagon who I bought it off so may have a word with them before I start messing myself.

Comment

Cheers mate that’s exactly the message I’m getting.

I do actually have an extended warranty until start of July with Pentagon who I bought it off so may have a word with them before I start messing myself.
                  Fair dos, let's see if they get to the same conclusion. Just tell them you need a new tpms ecu. Don't accept nothing less haha

Comment

Have you put the correct range setting in to the ECU that matches the pressures your wanting the tyres to run at?

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                      Have you put the correct range setting in to the ECU that matches the pressures your wanting the tyres to run at?
                      Hi mate yes, it’s set at light/comfort with pressures at 32front & 30rear.

It must be the ECU module playing up as I’m sure everyone’s power sounder doesn’t randomly go off when their tyre pressures drop slightly.

I will try changing the settings to eco & increasing the pressures firstly though & see if that works.

Comment

how do you change the range? cheers

Comment

Hi mate yes, its set at light/comfort with pressures at 32front & 30rear.

It must be the ECU module playing up as Im sure everyones power sounder doesnt randomly go off when their tyre pressures drop slightly.

I will try changing the settings to eco & increasing the pressures firstly though & see if that works.
                          Hi Paul, have you managed to sort this out? I am having exactly the same experience now. In the middle of the nigh my alarm went off for no reason, I could not disarm it with the key fob (indicators were not flashing either)... I am also getting a message "tyre not found" followed by service message. I am getting readings on all my tyres and the numbers seem to be correct and changing with temperature outside so all as normal. However warning tyre light is still there and suspecting the Tyre pressure module being faulty. I have as driving through some heavy rain on motorway just a night before it happened so all my thoughts go to water ingress into the module.

Just wonder if you eventually changed or dried your module and if it resolved the issue you were having. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by tom84abd View Post

Hi Paul, have you managed to sort this out? I am having exactly the same experience now. In the middle of the nigh my alarm went off for no reason, I could not disarm it with the key fob (indicators were not flashing either)... I am also getting a message "tyre not found" followed by service message. I am getting readings on all my tyres and the numbers seem to be correct and changing with temperature outside so all as normal. However warning tyre light is still there and suspecting the Tyre pressure module being faulty. I have as driving through some heavy rain on motorway just a night before it happened so all my thoughts go to water ingress into the module.

Just wonder if you eventually changed or dried your module and if it resolved the issue you were having. Thanks in advance.
                            Hi mate, I got it sorted by simply getting the stealers to clear the fault on the Tech machine & resetting the sensors. Never had a problem with it after that up until I sold her in October this year.

hope you get yours sorted.

Comment

Glad you got sorted! Will get mine booked for a check after New Year. Cheers for prompt response.

Comment

Working...
                              X