No announcement yet.

What's the dpf saying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the dpf was on 79%a went to a road the locals use which is 7 miles pure straight so did 14 miles on it (went down it then up again) thinking it would regen

Comment

Depends on speed limit I guess

Comment

Have you tried choosing lower gears to keep the revs up? With hard burst's of acceleration?

Comment

No I haven't would that help

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DPF-ThinkDiag.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	247176
            Click image for larger version

Name:	DPF-ThinkDiag2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	247177

I am not sure if these pictures will help but i tried to select the relevant data to show (Sorry if i missed any) I myself due to lockdown have not been taking my car for enough long runs and my level is also at 87% but unlike yours i have not had a failed regen. Passive regeneration is what should happen this is done with the exhaust heat when driving so high revs long distance will help this but at high levels of soot a forced regen is sometimes needed and other times the DPF will have to be manually cleaned if this does not work.

My fuel is low so i did not do a forced regen but if i take it for a drive tomorrow and it does not regen i will do a forced one with my tool.
            Thinkdiag - Turn your smart phone into a OE level diagnostic tool for your car brand, ThinkDiag is bi-directional and supports manufacturer specific code reading, special functions, actuation tests and live data.
            All members of this forum get a 10% discount from my website https://www.Thinkdiag.co.uk . Please contact me for a discount code as they are unique.

Comment

Originally posted by R402faa View Post
              No I haven't would that help
              Definitely, needs to be quite hot to regen so higher revs in lower gears maintaining above 2k rpm.
              Once a month I idle ours till the rad fan kicks in then set off on a b road blast doing the above advice. Clears the old girl out

Comment

A dpf regen with tool the value shows as 70% after the regen, i think the level is set to 70% after forced regen so that the car does another passive regen not long after and the true saturation is not 70%.
                The regen with tool i have just done this post got me paranoid (Although i have read about levels anywhere upto 255% in the past) so i drove to tesco carpark and did it there. I did think the police might be called with my car at 3500k revs with smoke
                Thinkdiag - Turn your smart phone into a OE level diagnostic tool for your car brand, ThinkDiag is bi-directional and supports manufacturer specific code reading, special functions, actuation tests and live data.
                All members of this forum get a 10% discount from my website https://www.Thinkdiag.co.uk . Please contact me for a discount code as they are unique.

Comment

What do you mean fan kick in my fan was going this morning wen I parked the car up

Comment

Leave your car running till the fan kicks in to cool it, once your fan has kicked in go for drive staying above 2000 rpm. I go to around 3500-4000 before changing gear.

Comment

What do you mean fan kick in my fan was going this morning wen I parked the car up
                      When he mentions let the fan kick in he means he leaves it on the drive until the engine has warmed up.

My advice is to go for a drive keeping the car over 3k revs for as long as possible and if this does not work buy a tool like the one i sell that is capable of regenerating the DPF for you and then again probably going for a long drive after you have let everything cool down a little as with the regen the temp will get really hot to just over 600.

Tool wise if you can not borrow one you will probably be best with the thinkdiag from my site or if your car is older than 2014 you may be able to get away with an op-com device, the op-com could be a good choice if you only work on vauxhall and only older models and do not need the extra features that the thinkdiag has as the op-com will be cheaper than the thinkdiag but obviously not better but if you are only going to use it this once you may not need the thinkdiag

Comment

I would say the last Regen failed.

I use the vGate iCar2 as well to watch the DPF using the same app and it normally gets to about 92% before it starts its regen - it will then go down between 20-30%

Comment

Also, well in my car revs make no difference. Before you turn your engine off after driving quickly check the rev counter. If its regen it will be around 150 to 200 rpm higher than normal.
                          That looks like failed regen to me. Have you also checked you oil level, make sure its not over the max level due to lots of failed regens.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Just fit the led mod. That way you’ll know when it is doing a regen

Comment

Iv been following it with the dpf app tried the led mod yesterday I couldn't get the plug out.

Comment

Iv been following it with the dpf app tried the led mod yesterday I couldn't get the plug out.
                                Yeah it's tight, think I used a small screwdriver. Seem to remember a little catch at the side

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                                X