• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200527_172026_com.insigniadpfgmail.opldpfmonitorfree.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	247182 the wife just got back from a shopping trip about about 70 mile round trip I told her to stay in 4th and give it some beans

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Yeah it's tight, think I used a small screwdriver. Seem to remember a little catch at the side
      this is your best bet,and if all parameters are met ,and the dpf regens ,the light will stay on until completed,,and ,No,you don't need to clog the guts out of it to successfully regen any dpf,just drive it normally,motorway speed limit is quite ample....the main requirement is to let it complete the regen on its own,before switching off
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Is there any way of getting it lower for does it kind of get higher with age %

Comment

Originally posted by R402faa View Post
          Is there any way of getting it lower for does it kind of get higher with age %
          Don't really matter how low it gets, as long as it regens its fine.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5882[/ATTACH] the wife just got back from a shopping trip about about 70 mile round trip I told her to stay in 4th and give it some beans
            Much better, give it a good clear out once a month and she will be fine I'd say

Comment

Thanks for your help guys hopefully Friday morning il get the leak in the driveshaft sorted to ��

Comment

To perform a regen you require some parameters to be met , engine temperature above 65 degrees Celsius
                Back pressure apparently 110KPA glowplugs in good condition.
                But yours seems fine ,
                A word of caution, you don't need to rag the car you need to get it up to a decent temperature.
                My wife's truck dose it without even knowing we have no app , no light to tell us and it gets run around town . No truble, no dramas .thats the way it should be , if you become anal about it then it just makes you worry about something it will perform in its own time .
                10-4 rubber DPF App !

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Mine done a regen today---LED came on and just kept driving at 70mph--2000 revs and it took about 12 minutes to complete----the LED was the best thing I had fitted to the car done by a good friend of mine-- ----also if you continue to have failed regens then your oil level will rise which will lead to major problems--so if you think that the car is doing a lot of failed regens then check the oil level------Dave

Comment

I tried doing the led yesterday I couldn't get the plug undone

Comment

you need summit like a thin sharp steak knife to get inbetween the plug and socket to prize it out
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

The plug is grey I remember the black bit so I need to get in between them??

Comment

The plug is grey I remember the black bit so I need to get in between them??
                          correct mate,,im sure the little clip bit is facing towards the rear of car...a knife makes a gap,so plug pulls out

Comment

Il have a try tomorrow

Comment

For the older shape insignia (not facelift) a regen will come up in your consumables part in your dash center screen as rear demist. Why the LED in the mirror works. Higher idle is also a clue with the odd puff of white smoke when setting off. Another clue is it feels like its gain 50bhp more due to the fueling.

For the facelift guys, turn your center dash screen to kph & you will see it in the instant mpg. It will read over 0.6/ph instant when regen, normal ideal its around 0.1-0.3l/phr Doesn't seem to show on my E6 170 in mph but in kph it shows up. also the demist message doesn't seem to pop up either

Comment

Working...
                              X