No announcement yet.

Tyre Repair Sealant or Spare Wheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer a spare wheel also rather than the 'slime',although mine is a spacesaver.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Ok thanks guys. Just want a all in one tidy package that just sits in the boot.
      Any recommendations?

Comment

Still need to sort this myself. I'd just get a standard breaker bar, got loads of spare impact sockets at work.
        I'm the same thou, trolley jack easier but it's the storage. Not decided on space saver, steel wheel or full size alloy.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

It's no good.
          OP has a VX line....he needs a low profile jack.
          Order online at Screwfix.com. Low profile jack with large lifting range, suitable for low access vehicles. All-steel construction, compact and heavy duty unit with lifting range of 85-330mm. Portable and easy to operate with swivel castors. High quality ram for long life with variable lowering speed. Built-in pump overload prevents overloading for safe operation with hydraulic bypass system to stop ram over travel. FREE next day delivery available, free collection in 1 minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean110 View Post
            Any recommendations?
            Spare wheel in the well and a low profile trolley jack and a decent 22mm wheel brace.

Comment

Spacesaver is ok,but limited to 50mph,still better than the 'slime'.
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Sean110 View Post
                Any recommendations?
                Go for an original vauxhall set up, plenty on ebay. Designed to fit in the boot with tools inside wheel. Thats what I have always used. The skinny spare is just desined to get you home/tyre shop car will be a bit lop sided. But in 5 years ownership of my Insignia a I never used it.

Comment

As far as the aerosol sealant is concerned the last puncture i had about 7 year ago was a hole in side wall and just last week mrs got puncture in renault which resulted in 2 holes large enough to get my little finger in on side wall, no aerosol is going to fix punctures like these luckily I had spare to put on so was on my way within 10 mins but I hear of some punctures taking up half a day by the time rescue have been taken rim away and returned with new tyre. The cost of spare is nothing when you look at time off work, missed sales appointments, stress ect.

Comment

I have the goo as it came with the cars but removed and stuck in the shed,
                    Full size wheel all day long as space savers aren’t the safest of things.

Comment

I just carry breaker bar and socket, have found over many years the ones supplied with cars wont touch the over tightened nuts that the nutters in garage have tightened.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
                        You could get 4 and try this!

Comment

Just a thought If contacting breakers in the hope the car has one might be worth trying breakers in Ireland, My car came from N.ireland and has full size spare so maybe the spec over there means its got to have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
                            Iirc,only to be used on the rear,so if you have a front puncture you have to put a rear on front and spacesaver to the rear,I could be talking a load of shite though!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                              Iirc,only to be used on the rear,so if you have a front puncture you have to put a rear on front and spacesaver to the rear,I could be talking a load of shite though!!!
                              you are quite right there
                              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                                Correct, but loads of people don't

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                                X