Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0 CDTI EcoFlex 2013 Economy Remap

Hi Everyone,

I'm having thoughts of remapping my 2.0 CDTI EcoFlex A20DTH.

My target here would be to go for the economy remap, as the information that I found online says that F40 gearbox that is fitted only good up to 400nm of torque.

So I'd like to go up until 390nm to 400nm and somewhere between 185bhp to 190bhp.

The car that I bought has done 135k miles and has FSH, but I can't find anywhere that DMF has been replaced there, so most likely the car still runs with its original clutch components and we know these can be fragile, so I may hold off my horses on this plan altogether.

One thing to note is that I know that Saab 9-3 1.9TTiD is equipped with the same F40 gearbox and as stock it is 180bhp and 400nm of torque and those cars seem to be fine way above 100k miles with stock clutches.

Is Saab using the same clutch as well as same gearbox as my Insignia, to give a bit more reassurance for me?

Thanks

Originally posted by Ammperum View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm having thoughts of remapping my 2.0 CDTI EcoFlex A20DTH.

My target here would be to go for the economy remap, as the information that I found online says that F40 gearbox that is fitted only good up to 400nm of torque.

So I'd like to go up until 390nm to 400nm and somewhere between 185bhp to 190bhp.

The car that I bought has done 135k miles and has FSH, but I can't find anywhere that DMF has been replaced there, so most likely the car still runs with its original clutch components and we know these can be fragile, so I may hold off my horses on this plan altogether.

One thing to note is that I know that Saab 9-3 1.9TTiD is equipped with the same F40 gearbox and as stock it is 180bhp and 400nm of torque and those cars seem to be fine way above 100k miles with stock clutches.

Is Saab using the same clutch as well as same gearbox as my Insignia, to give a bit more reassurance for me?

Thanks
    The B20dth engines run at 170 bhp and 400 nm as stock. The biturbo runs higher and uses the F40.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      The B20dth engines run at 170 bhp and 400 nm as stock. The biturbo runs higher and uses the F40.
      Even the VXR uses the F40 and that one got 435 Nm, so 400 Nm should not cause any problems.

Comment

theres guys running over 500nm ,without issues with the F40 box,,,my own is at 480nm now,and has been for over a year,and approx. 12k mls
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Well, that sounds reassuring

Makes me think of going with Stage 1 rather than Economy Remap.

I was just double checking for the clutch perhaps, which after the remap might die.

Normally Stage 1 is around 200bhp and 435nm of torque and it is something I'd like more.

So your advice would be to just do the Stage 1 then guys?

Thanks

Comment

stage 1 on mine 235hp,and 480nm.....but the fuel eco is better than before,,,so win,win
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

How are you guys finding the stock clutches handling 480nm in the B20. Would like to run my tuning box but worried that 480nm ish at 2k will ruin the clutch easy

Comment

My 2014 ecoflex is remapped and sitting at 192.
                It's made a big difference to performance and economy.

Infact.....I left central Scotland this morning, travelled to the Durham area and returned.
                Here's the evidence.....left Scotland with a full tank......and I was sticking to the limits
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200528_141535315.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	247184

Name:	IMG_20200528_141543043.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	247185

Comment

Knowing and running saabs I've seen some go to the heady heights of 500 ++ with the F40 gearbox , but they do start to upgrade the clutch.as a matter of choice .

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Infact.....I left central Scotland this morning, travelled to the Durham area and returned.
                    Here's the evidence.....left Scotland with a full tank......and I was sticking to the limits
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]5886[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]5887[/ATTACH]
                    Here that's good mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                      Here that's good mpg.
                      Definitely bud....and returning with 4 extremely heavy wheels and tyres In the back too.

Traveling down I got it to 62.1 mpg..and it decided to regen..... couldn't recover it

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5886[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]5887[/ATTACH]
                        Some good returns. But the gauge isn't right.

Looks to me you have done 316 miles on 1/4 of a tank? Tank is 70l so you have used about 17.5lts. Going on that, that works out at 18.5 miles p/ltr or 81.97mpg. Also would give a tank range of 1200miles. I thought getting Liverpool to Brands Hatch & back on half a tank was epic as its a 500 mile trip. Now if you go on the cars MPG read out of 59.6mpg you would use around 7ltrs or just under an 1/8 of a tank more.

Now if you go off the distance covered & range left in the tank which is 930 miles. Working it out that way on full tank works out at 60.23mpg. Its can be easily fooled that way as drive like a nun for a few miles &the range will shoot up.

Just shows how bad the Vauxhall fuel gauge is. Still some impressive returns for a big bus. Us 170ps owners can only dream of getting near 60mpg

Comment

Definitely bud....and returning with 4 extremely heavy wheels and tyres In the back too.

Traveling down I got it to 62.1 mpg..and it decided to regen..... couldn't recover it
                          I'd be more than impressed with that mpg, am past checking ours as I think it struggles to see over 40 on a run but we never reset

Name:	IMG_20200528_211107.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	247188

Name:	IMG_20200528_211122.jpg
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	247189

Name:	IMG_20200528_211306.jpg
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	247190

Name:	IMG_20200528_211317.jpg
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	247191

Comment

Originally posted by ajr View Post
                            Some good returns. But the gauge isn't right.

Looks to me you have done 316 miles on 1/4 of a tank? Tank is 70l so you have used about 17.5lts. Going on that, that works out at 18.5 miles p/ltr or 81.97mpg. Also would give a tank range of 1200miles. I thought getting Liverpool to Brands Hatch & back on half a tank was epic as its a 500 mile trip. Now if you go on the cars MPG read out of 59.6mpg you would use around 7ltrs or just under an 1/8 of a tank more.

Now if you go off the distance covered & range left in the tank which is 930 miles. Working it out that way on full tank works out at 60.23mpg. Its can be easily fooled that way as drive like a nun for a few miles &the range will shoot up.

Just shows how bad the Vauxhall fuel gauge is. Still some impressive returns for a big bus. Us 170ps owners can only dream of getting near 60mpg
                            I certainly didn't drive like a nun......only on the A1 and A69 I was down to 50mph at certain bits....the rest of the time I was doing the national limit....cough cough

I know what you mean about the mpg etc......and I know what you mean about the 170's.
                            My son had a zafira tourer 170..... although lighter than the Insignia was absolutely shite on fuel.
                            Slight worse with the remap, but rapid.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                              I'd be more than impressed with that mpg, am past checking ours as I think it struggles to see over 40 on a run but we never reset
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5891[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5892[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5893[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5894[/ATTACH]
                              Whether the gauge is right or wrong, I'm happy enough with mine.......
                              The tourer is a big heavy car bud......canny expect miracles, but that's still pretty good if that's town driving.

Comment

Working...
                              X