Clicking clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking clutch

Hello. My clutch pedal return spring causes my clutch pedal to slick when pedal is released. (Forgive me as I know nothing about cars). So I went to the garage, they removed the return spring entirely. He said it should be fine to continue to drive without this. I have used the car and it drives without any issues whatsoever and the clicking stopped as the spring is not fitted anymore. However I am concerned that this isn’t right. Surely the return spring is put on for a reason?
    Am I safe to carry on without the spring??
    If I get a new spring, surely it’ll have the same issue?
    Hope someone is able to help!
    Thanks
    Reece

My car is 2016 SRI VX Line 2.0cdti facelift.

Mine clicks also, apparantly fairly common,I just live it

Comment

Originally posted by Reece97 View Post
      Hello. My clutch pedal return spring causes my clutch pedal to slick when pedal is released. (Forgive me as I know nothing about cars). So I went to the garage, they removed the return spring entirely. He said it should be fine to continue to drive without this. I have used the car and it drives without any issues whatsoever. However I am concerned that this isn’t right. Surely the return spring is put on for a reason?
      Thanks
      Reece

hi and weclome

we always like when new members join our forum.
      would you care to visit this section of the forum...………….

and introduce yourself properly to everyone.

Tell us a bit about yourself and maybe share a pic or 2 of your car.

Thanks...………...much appreciated.

Comment

Mine clicks also, its usually a warranty job, but it's a big job and no guanetee it won't happen again. You will notice it more in warmer weather, the plastic casing flexes more.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

It's a known fault on a few of the models ( my astra j had it). It's a known fix and works. But it's up to you, if you don't feel safe I think that has answered your question.

Comment

Mine clicked all the time I had it, then when I no longer had it someone somewhere (I think on here) posted a simple diy fix. Check old posts in the relevant section, and get yourself introduced we don't bite......well most of us

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum, now I would be telling them to put the return spring back on as its there for a reason, mine is like many others and it clicks now and then, don't think it's anything to worry about but please go and introduce yourself and your car to everyone on here - - - Dave

Comment

Hi, I got fed up with the clicking clutch pedal. I took off the return spring and wrapped the ends and middle section with PTFE tape. Hasn't clicked since, might be worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Reece97 View Post
                  Hello. My clutch pedal return spring causes my clutch pedal to slick when pedal is released. (Forgive me as I know nothing about cars). So I went to the garage, they removed the return spring entirely. He said it should be fine to continue to drive without this. I have used the car and it drives without any issues whatsoever and the clicking stopped as the spring is not fitted anymore. However I am concerned that this isn’t right. Surely the return spring is put on for a reason?
                  Thanks
                  Reece

Did you ever put the spring back in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mx_Rab View Post

Did you ever put the spring back in?

You might be lucky and get an answer buddy.....he joined, posted this question then never returned to the forum.

Comment

Interesting as I get this pedal clunk clink too.
                      How easy is it to take the spring out and replace?

Comment

Originally posted by Vx-Man-G View Post
                        Interesting as I get this pedal clunk clink too.
                        How easy is it to take the spring out and replace?
                        The spring is easy to replace. I have heard people say that replacing the whole pedal box is a dash out job but I’m not convinced.

Comment

I have a second hand pedal box on the way so I can use it as a test bed to rid everyone off this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Mx_Rab View Post

The spring is easy to replace. I have heard people say that replacing the whole pedal box is a dash out job but I’m not convinced.

How does the sping come out, any pointers as im keen to try the PTFE tape thing.

Comment

Yep, the dash should be removed when replacing the box as it's awkward to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X