Creaking front suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creaking front suspension

Have noticed over the last few weeks when coming to a stop at low speeds I can hear a creaking noise from the front suspension area and also coming to a stop and going into reverse it does it to. Is there any common problems on the front of the insignia like top mounts? And also heard today a light rattle sound going over uneven road under a bridge with the windows down, not sure if its related but sounds a bit like a head shield. Anyone had similar issues?

Could just be the drop links that need looking at------Dave

Comment

I had a similar but more graunchy sound start today when braking and cornering, and a rattle when driving along a rough road. I suspected the brakes so took the front wheel off to have a look. Noticed a shiny shock absorber and the gaiter was loose. Then found the coil spring had broken and about 4" was loose inside the remaining spring at the bottom. Worth a look?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky67 View Post
        I had a similar but more graunchy sound start today when braking and cornering, and a rattle when driving along a rough road. I suspected the brakes so took the front wheel off to have a look. Noticed a shiny shock absorber and the gaiter was loose. Then found the coil spring had broken and about 4" was loose inside the remaining spring at the bottom. Worth a look?
        hi and weclome

we always like when new members join our forum.
        would you care to visit this section of the forum...………….

and introduce yourself properly to everyone.

Tell us a bit about yourself and maybe share a pic or 2 of your car.

Thanks...………...much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X