Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folding Wing mirror help!

Ow’ do guys.

I just wondered if there was a how 2 on removal and replacement of power wing mirrors

Passenger side sticks and judders on the rare occasion it decides to attempt to move!

Any help will be great thanks!

Tim

Originally posted by TimmTurner View Post
    Ow’ do guys.

I just wondered if there was a how 2 on removal and replacement of power wing mirrors

Passenger side sticks and judders on the rare occasion it decides to attempt to move!

Any help will be great thanks!

Tim
    hi and weclome

we always like when new members join our forum.
    would you care to visit this section of the forum...………….

and introduce yourself properly to everyone.

Tell us a bit about yourself and maybe share a pic or 2 of your car.

Thanks...………...much appreciated.

Comment

Sorry, haven’t been on a forum since the veccy days! It’s easy to forget the etiquette, but yea, I’ll jump into the intro and sell myself a bit!

Comment

I would try spraying some wd40 on them to see if that frees them up.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hiya pal,

Yea I’ve tried that, I might try getting into the unit and spray down the mechanical parts of it? I’m always apprehensive cos I’m too heavy handed sometime! 😂

Comment

I had this issue drivers side,used WD High Performance Silicone spray,give them a spray once a month and no issues smooth operation all times,even from the remote.
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Used that now and it has eased it a lot! I’ll just have to keep it well lubed! 😉

Comment

I use silicone spray, works OK (Off side) Until!. Ran out at the beginning of lock down, stated playing up Yesterday.
                Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Well, I’ve had it sliding in real dreamy like. The silicon spray worked fantastically.

Note I used the past tense there.....

had the tiniest bump into the back of a vitara (with the wheel stuck on the back) and insurance have written it off.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CE07242C-4CE8-41F1-82ED-96054B9C776C.jpeg
Views:	358
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	267475

Comment

So I’m now on the hunt for a new shape elite but I don’t wanna pay the earth for it!!

Comment

Oh shite! Why have they written it off? The damage doesn't look that bad.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

He tried to explain that it was going to cost 6200 to repair- new lights, bonnet, bumper, condenser and radiator plus spraying. 5-10mph bump and didn’t set off the airbags ect, no warning lights on dash afterwards. God knows how they got to that Conclusion

Comment

No way is there £6k worth of repair there.
                            you should consider buying it back and repairing it yourself.

Comment

I second that fix yourself using used parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X